Concerning to Kaspersky Administration Kit 6.0 MP1
After the logical network has been built it might be necessary to connect a client computer (or a group of Clients) to another Server, because:
- one more Server has appeared in the network to decrease the load on the first Server and to increase efficiency of the logical network;
- Administration Server was relocated on another computer (with another address)
- Further work with the Administration Server is impossible as it has crashed.
The Network Agent installed on clients interacts between the clients and the Administration Server. Reconnecting client computers means defining parameters of a new Administration Server for the Network Agent: the Server certificate and the Server address.
Do not change Server parameters, specified in the Network Agent settings manually!
Depending on the aims why you need to reconnect the Clients and the administrator resources, the Network Agent can be “readdressed” the following ways: using the Change Kaspersky Administration Server Task or using the klmover.exe utility.
It is more convenient to view the results of the Change Server task execution, if you create several tasks of the kind for different groups which should be reconnected to a new Server.
If you use klmover utility, the Server address and certificate should be changed with its help on client computers.
The method to relocate computers depends on the reason why you have to reconnect client computers to another Server – relocating conditions:
- Change Kaspersky Administration Server task can be used only if the Server to which computers are connected at present, is efficient and functions;
- the change Server task changes both the Server address and certificate on a client computer;
- the klmover utility can be used for each situation.