Concerning to Kaspersky Administration Kit 6.0 MP1
The article gives recommendations how to reconnect client computers to another Administration Server using the Change Kaspersky Administration Server task.
If the Administration Server to which client computers are connected now has crashed, use the klmover utility to connect computers to another Server.
The procedure of connecting the Clients to a new Server is executed on the Console of the Administration Server to which the Clients are connected at the moment. To run the task you should know the address of a new Server and have its certificate file – the klserver.cer file from the Cert folder of the new Server setup directory.
If you are going to restore the structure of the logical network from backup on a new Server, then first restore the structure from the backup and only then run the Change Kaspersky Administration Server task.
It is more convenient to view the results of the Change Server task execution, if you create several tasks of the kind for different groups which should be reconnected to a new Server. And run them in turn.
Once the task has been executed successfully on all computers, open the computer properties on which the task was run on the Applications tab. Make sure the Administration Agent status has turned to Inactive. It means connection between the “old” Server and the Agent is lost.
Once the task is executed the client computers remain in the groups of the old Server but the computer icons are not bright anymore. You can also delete them from the group manually. Several computers can be deleted simultaneously if you highlight them with a mouse. Once deleted from a group these computers are assigned to the Network group.
Then connect a new Administration Server to the Console and add all re-connected computers to its groups. Check that computer icons in the Console have become bright (that means the Agent has connected with the Server). It may take some time (about an hour).
If it is not so, check if all reconnected computers fail to connect to the new server.
- If all computers fail to connect, then the reasons might be the following:
- You set the data of the new Administration Server incorrectly when creating the Change Kaspersky Administration Server task (incorrect address, certificate file of the wrong Server, parameters of the proxy server are not set or not set correctly).
- TCP-ports 13000 and 14000 are closed on the Server.
- If only one or several clients fail to connect then run the klnagchk utility on the computers where you have the problem, to analyze the situation.
Top of page
Creating Change Kaspersky Administration Server task
1. Open the Administration Console and connect to the Administration Server to which all client computers are connected at present.
2. Run the New task wizard:
- from the Group tasks subfolder of the selected group – to re-connect computers of the selected group.
To reconnect all computers of the logical network create the task from the Group tasks subfolder of the Groups group.
If the selected group contains slave Servers, then the Change Kaspersky Administration Server task is executed for the client computers of the slave Server as well!
3. In the Welcome to the New task Wizard window click Next.
4. Enter the new task name and click Next.
5. In the Select application window, select an application to perform the task: in the Application window select Kaspersky Network Agent, and in the Task type window - Change Kaspersky Administration Server Task. Click Next.
6. In the Settings window define the data of the NEW Administration Server (it is supposed that the Server is already installed). Define the name of the NEW Administration Server (or its IP-address), if necessary change standard ports to connect to the Server and define the proxy-server parameters.
Click the Change certificate button and specify the path to the certificate file of the NEW Server.
7. If you create a global task, then in the Select computers window select the computers that will be reconnected to a new Server.
A client computer that is also an Administration Server CANNOT be connected to another Server. Connection between the Agent and the Server installed on one computer cannot be broken!
The step is missing if you create a group task.
8. In the Account window define account of the logical network administrator. As a rule you may leave the Default account. Click Next.
9. In the next window schedule the task:
Immediately after it has been created;
Manually – the administrator initiates the task start;
Once, in this case select the launching date and time.
If the task should be executed on a lot of computers, check the Randomize the task start with interval (min) checkbox and define the time interval, during which the task should be execute on all computers. Then the task will not run on all target computers concurrently.
10. In the next window click Next, to continue.
11. In the Completing the New Task Wizard window, click Finish. After it the task with the given name appears in the Tasks folder in which you created it.
To make sure the task was executed successfully on all computers for which it was created, open the task properties on the General tab. Make sure that the lines Pending, Paused and Running have zeros. If on some computers the task was completed with an error, click the History button and in the History window find out, which computers these are and why the task failed on them.
Top of page