Using Parental Control, you can allow or block access to specific websites or to categories of websites.
(for example, you can block access to all websites containing information concerning weapons or violence). When the user tries to open the blocked websites, the following message appears:
To limit access to specific websites, do the following:
- In the left frame of the Parental Control window, select the user account and click Web Control.
- In the Web Control is disabled line, click Enable. Safe search which filters unwanted search results in search engines is enabled automatically with Web Control.
- If you want to block access only to websites of specific categories, check the boxes of the categories that must be blocked.
- To deny access to all the websites, but for those you include in the exclusion list, click Add web address.
- If you want to make lists of websites of always blocked and available websites, check the boxes of the Always block these websites and Never block these websites categories.
- In the needed list press "+" and enter web address, for example http://www.site.com/*.
If you want to remove a site from the list, highlight it and press the "-" button.
If the address which you want to add to exclusions contains asterisks (*), question marks (?), or backslashes (\), they must be preceded by an extra backslash (\) symbol. Otherwise, the *, ?, or \ symbols in the address will be interpreted as wildcards. If you want to add the www.site?anti-virus address to exclusions, then enter the following line in the Add new website dialogue: www.site\?anti-virus