On August 2, 2007 Kaspersky Labs announces release of Critical Fix 2 (CF2) for Kaspersky Anti-Spam 3.0 (version 3.0.278.4)
The following improvements have been introduced since Kaspersky Anti-Spam 184.108.40.206:
- Methods for fighting the so-called "graphic" spam, i.e. tools used to analyze graphic attachments. New algorithms have been introduced for processing and identification of similar images with textual content as well as the GSG-8 and GSG-9 technologies.
- FreeBSD 6.2 platform has been added to the list of supported platforms.
- FreeBSD 4.11 platform is no longer supported.
- The uds-rtts.sh utility now has additional functionality (a new '-a' option) for testing of proper UDS functioning.
Fixed Problems The following problems have been fixed as compared to Kaspersky Anti-Spam 3.0 MP1 CF1 (3.0.274.0):
- Possible termination or freezing of filtering processes when a list of protected domains is used.
- Accidental setting of incorrect access rights for the files of application components in case if they have been updated earlier using a package of modified application files for previous product versions.
The following problems have been fixed as compared to Kaspersky Anti-Spam 3.0 MP1 (220.127.116.11):
- Possible termination with an error caused by invalid configuration settings has been fixed for kas-pipe (the component for integration with postfix and exim).
- Unauthorized users could access some directories of the web-based product configuration system.
- The list of protected domains could sometimes be ignored if recorded in uppercase style.
- Problems occurring during work with DNSBL servers have been fixed.
- Detailed logging in the kas-qmail component for integration with qmail has been improved.
- In the component for integration with Communigate Pro mail system (kas-cgpro) processing of configuration settings has been improved and correct behaviour in case of anti-spam engine errors ensured.
- Contact information of Kaspersky Lab Technical Support has been updated.
- Product integration with postfix mail systems has been improved.
Product installation and upgrade
Application installation "from the scratch" is described in the user’s guide in the file release_notes.
In order to upgrade from the earlier version Kaspersky Anti-Spam 2.0:
1. remove Kaspersky Anti-Spam 2.0 integration from the host mail system;
2. uninstall Kaspersky Anti-Spam 2.0 (following the recommendations in the user’s guide Kaspersky Anti-Spam 2.0)
3. install Kaspersky Anti-Spam 3.0 MP1 in the system (as described in the user’s guide or in the file release_notes).
To update from earlier builds of Kaspersky Anti-Spam 3.0 (18.104.22.168, 22.214.171.124, 3.0.274.0):
If you use this package, the product installed on your computer have identical features with Kaspersky Anti-Spam 3.0 MP1 CF2 except that the records in the system log of installed software will contain information about the build of Kaspersky Anti-Spam 3.0 installed earlier.
In order to use the update package, unpack archive kas-3.0.278.4-upgrade.tgz using command
tar xfz kas-3.0.278.4-upgrade.tgz
and run update script upgrade.sh in folder kas-3.0.278.4-upgrade that will be created.
If the scrip is executed successfully, all modified executable files will be saved and a backup copy of all modified files will be saved to the current folder as archive kas3-backup.tgz.
If you are using a Communigate Pro e-mail system, it has to be restarted after completion of the upgrade script.
- Uninstalling the previous build and installing the new version. For it:
- remove Kaspersky Anti-Spam 3.0 from the host mail system
If no changes have been added since the original integration, you can deintegrate Kaspersky Anti-Spam by running the following script:
If the configuration files of the host mail system have been modified, you should reverse integration manually in accordance with the Administrator's Guide of the installed Kaspersky Anti-Spam build.
- delete the package kas-3 by the OS means.
For FreeBSD run one of the following commands
For Linux distributives based on RPM:
rpm -e kas-3-3.0.242
rpm -e kas-3-3.0.255
rpm -e kas-3-3.0.274
aptitude purge kas-3
- manually delete the folder /usr/local/ap-mailfilter3 (if it has not been deleted):
rm -rf /usr/local/ap-mailfilter3
- install Kaspersky Anti-Spam build 3.0.278.4 in the system (following the recommendations in the user’s guide or the file release_notes).