Concerning to Kaspersky Anti-Virus 6.0 for Windows Servers Enterprise Edition MP2 (build 22.214.171.1241)
On October 21, 2008 Kaspersky Lab announces release of Critical Fix 2 for Kaspersky Anti-Virus 6.0 for Windows Servers Enterprise Edition MP2.
Critical Fix 2 fixes the following bugs:
- Error intercepting Visual Basic Encrypted scripts. The error may result in incorrect execution of VBE scenarios.
- Error analyzing Java-scripts .The error may result in incorrect execution of some Java scenarios.
The patch can be installed:
- Automatically, by running Application modules’ update task of the Anti-Virus.
For it in the Application modules update task on the General tab in the Update settings section select the variant Download and install critical application modules updates. Either Administration Server of Kaspersky Administration Kit or any other resource can be an update source.
1. Download the patch compatible with the version of Anti-Virus installed (32-bit or 64-bit).
2. Right-click the downloaded file and in context menu select Apply.
Pay attention, that,
Critical Fix 2 cannot be installed through a remote install task of Kaspersky Administration Kit.
During the patch installation, Kaspersky Anti-Virus 6.0 for Windows Servers Enterprise Edition MP2 will be stopped and the server will not be protected for some time!
During the patch installation, the Anti-Virus icon will disappear, but Kaspersky Anti-Virus will not stop its work. To load the icon, go to Start > select System application tray.
After the patch installation sometimes computer restart is required (for example, if exchanged files are blocked by other applications).
After the patch installation:
- Number of the application version will not change, but in the list of installed patches record about CriticalFix2 (KB1897) will be added.
- Version of the file scagent.dll changes to 126.96.36.1993.
To view the information about the installed patches for Kaspersky Anti-Virus 6.0 for Windows Servers Enterprise Edition MP2, on the server open Control Panel > Add or Remove programs and check the box Show updates. Information about Critical Fix 2 will be displayed in the section Kaspersky Anti-Virus 6.0 for Windows Servers Enterprise Edition MP2.
Critical Fixes for Kaspersky Anti-Virus 6.0 for Windows servers Enterprise Edition MP2 can be installed in any sequence.