Applies to:Kaspersky Anti-Virus 6.0 for Windows Workstations MP4Kaspersky Anti-Virus 6.0 SOS MP4Kaspersky Anti-Virus 6.0 for Windows Servers MP4
What is new in Kaspersky Anti-Virus version 6.0 MP4.
Common for all the version 6.0 MP4 products:
- The new anti-virus kernel provides the following advantages for Kaspersky Anti-Virus version 6.0 MP4 users:
- Increased object scan speed by using an improved object handling and optimizing the PC resource usage;
- Less system resource consumption;
- Anti-virus kernel modules updated to introduce new methods of protection, and new methods of detecting and disinfecting malicious software without a need to reinstall the application;
- New approach to proactive malware detection. Integration of heuristic technologies into the anti-virus kernel allows advancing the methods of malicious software detection and creates powerful heuristics;
- Increased malicious objects detection level by scanning compressed (including multipacked) objects.
- New interface in Kaspersky Anti-Virus version 6.0 MP4
- Simple and friendly access to program components and settings;
- Developed to suit the needs of administering small networks as well as large corporation networks.
he new generation heuristic analyzer allows more efficient detection and blocking of previously unknown malicious software. We have added the heuristic analyzer to such Kaspersky Anti-Virus version 6.0 MP4 components as File Anti-Virus and Scan on Schedule (in Kaspersky Anti-Virus 6.0 for Workstations MP4 the heuristic analyzer has been also added to Mail Anti-Virus and Web Anti-Virus components). The heuristic analyzer in Kaspersky Lab’s products version 6.0 MP4 works on the basis of emulation, or so-called “sandbox”. Here you can find more information on the heuristic analyzer.
Rootkit Search Technology
The new anti-virus kernel provides more efficient defense against rootkit-based malware. Rootkit popularity keeps growing due to a number of factors. First, source codes of different rootkits are distributed freely in the Internet which allows any virus writer to create new modifications of them. Second, a large number of Windows OS users are working under administrator privileges making it easier for a rootkit to install successfully on their PCs.
Concerning Kaspersky Anti-Virus 6.0 for Workstations MP4:
Access Control is a new component for controlling users’ ability to access external devices. This is a single-module component.
The Device Control module is used to control users’ ability to use external input/output devices (external USB and multimedia devices, data storage devices - CD/DVD, USB HDD, etc.).
All scripts undergo a scan on the anti-virus kernel level by launching them in an isolated emulation environment. The Kaspersky Anti-Virus 6.0 for Workstations MP4 interface no longer contains the script scan module.
- The list of monitored activities and actions to apply
The Proactive Defense component’s list of monitored activities and actions to be applied to them has been extended.
Every macros is checked on the anti-virus kernel level by launching them in an isolated emulation environment. The Kaspersky Anti-Virus 6.0 for Workstations MP4 interface no longer contains the VBA macros scan module.
- Protection from phishing links
Protection from phishing links is included in all the components that scan links – Mail Anti-Virus, Web Anti-virus, and Anti-Spam.
- Anti-Hacker component new features
Overall component efficiency increased and IPv6 protocol support added. Added interception of ICMP protocol at TDI level and filtration for Raw sockets
- Anti-Spam component new features
New phrase recognition algorithm added - Recent Terms. Using the Recent Terms technology, the Anti-Spam component scans texts for phrases typical of spam. The list of such phrases is contained in the updatable Anti-Spam databases.
Scan of encrypted connections can be enabled not only for Internet Explorer, but for Opera and Firefox as well.
The product is fully compatible and functional under MS Windows 7 operating system.