Using the ESET Uninstaller
may reset your Windows
network settings (alternative IP
address, default gateway, subnet mask). After you complete work with ESET Uninstaller
and restart your computer, you will need to configure network settings. In order to uninstall the ESET
security product using ESET Uninstaller
, perform the following actions:
- Download ESET Uninstaller.exe (ESET UNINSTALLER (C) ESET, LLC) and save the utility to the root of Disk C:\. You can find detailed instructions on how to download the file on the following web pages:
- Restart your computer and start in Safe Mode.
If you attempt to run the ESET Uninstaller in normal mode, it will fail and create an "ERROR!" message text file on your Desktop.
- Double-click the ESET Uninstaller icon.
- Carefully read the warning: "This tool uninstall AV product in non-standard way. Your PC can be harmed seriously, please back up Your data. Please keep in mind that as soon as this application is finished your network connection can be down and you will have to restart your PC. Are you really sure to continue? <y/n>". If you agree to perform the actions type "y" to confirm
- Next in the command prompt you will see information about the booted system and installed anti-virus application.
- Enter the sequence number of the anti-virus product to uninstall from the list.
- On the keyboard press the Enter key.
- After the following question appears: "Are you sure to uninstall ESS/EAV/EMSX from this OS?” you will see the information about your OS, type "y" (without inverted commas) in the question line to confirm.
- The uninstallation will take about 1 minute. After the process completes, the utility will be automatically closed.
- Restart your computer in normal mode.
Try to reinstall the Kaspersky Lab product. If during the installation process, the Setup Wizard will again inform you that ESET software incompatible with Kaspersky Lab applications is detected, perform the following actions:
- Install the ESET antivirus software.
- Uninstall the application by Windows standard tools.
- Install the Kaspersky Lab product.