Concerning to Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2010
It is recommended to close all applications before the installation.
Before you begin to install Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2010 on your computer, make sure that you have removed your previous antivirus software. Need help removing the previous antivirus application, try the removal tool for that application.
If you want to install Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2010 and you used Kaspersky PURE, then, before installing Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2010, make sure that Kaspersky PURE was fully uninstalled from your computer!
If you are installing using the Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2010 CD, please skip to Step 2. If you have purchased your software online, follow Step 1 to download it.
Step 1 - Save the Installation file:
If you have Dial-Up Internet, it is suggested to wait for the Backup CD to arrive to install the software.
Click the download link provided in your order email to begin the download process. If the link has expired, you can download from our Kaspersky Anti-Virus Product Updates page.
You will be asked to Run, Save or Cancel the download. Click Save.
The web browser will ask you where to save the file. Select where you want to locate the file and click the Save button.
The download process will begin, and depending on the speed of your Internet connection can take up to an hour.
When the download completes, click Close.
If you have Windows XP, double-click the file to begin the installation process.
If you have Windows Vista, right-click on the file and choose Run as administrator. If prompted, click Continue.
You may receive a warning that the publisher could not be verified. Click Run.
Step 2 - Install Process:
You will briefly see the install process copy the installation files to your computer. Wait for the process to finish.
The install process will check if there is a newer version online and download it if needed.
Wait a few seconds. The Setup Wizard will open.
In the welcome window of the Setup Wizard you can choose one of the following types of installation:
- Express installation - full program installation with recommended by Kaspersky Lab experts settings (Custom installation in the left lower corner is not checked).
- Custom installation - installation with the possibility to choose which program features to install (Custom installation in the left lower corner is checked). You will be able also to activate the application by special wizard. It is recommended for advanced users.
In order to start the Express installation click the Next button.
Read the license agreement. If you agree with all the terms, then click the I agree button. The installation continues. In order to stop the installation click Cancel.
The Setup Wizard offers to participate in Kaspersky Security Network. If you participate in the program, then Kaspersky Lab will receive information about new threats, detected on your computer, system information and send unique identification which is specified for your computer by Kaspersky Anti-Virus. Your personal data is not collected. Read the Data Collection Statement about using Kaspersky Security Network. If you agree with all the terms, check I accept the terms of participation in Kaspersky Security Network. Click the Install button. The installation continues.
If you install the application on your computer working under Windows Vista / 7, then a message from the User Account Control service may appear. In order to continue the installation, click the Yes button.
The install process copies files and adds registry values. Wait until the process completes.
You may see the following notification from the Windows Security Center that there are problems with your computer:
This is normal and will automatically resolve itself after the process completes. The Windows Security Center messages will go away when Kaspersky Anti-Virus will be updated and have the latest databases.
Step 3 - Configuration Wizard:
Having copied the files the Setup Wizard offers to activate Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2010. You will be offered the following options of activation:
- Activate commercial license – a 20-digit activation code should be entered (e.g. XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX). Your computer should be connected to the Internet to activate the product. The Setup Wizard will download and install a key file automatically.
- Activate trial license. The Setup Wizard will download and install a key file which is 30 days valid. Your computer should be connected to the Internet to activate the product. Trial version is fully-functioning, however when a trial period expires the anti-virus databases will not be updated.
If the option Activate trial license is missed, it means the trial version a) was already installed or b) is installed now.
- Activate later. If you choose this option, the Kaspersky Anti-Virus activation stage will be skipped. The application will be installed on your computer, all its options will be available to you, except for the update.
In order to activate a commercial version of Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2010 select Activate commercial license.
In the field Enter the activation code enter the activation code you obtained when purchasing the license. An activation code should be entered from the keyboard in Latin ONLY without any hyphens. The program calculates the number of entered symbols and automatically adds a hyphen where necessary.
If you are not asked to activate, the wizard has detected your existing valid license.
The Setup Wizard will connect with the Kaspersky Lab server and will download a license key file. Please, wait while the wizard activates your Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2010.
After the license is activated, you will see the License type and Expiration date. Click Next.
The installation and activation processes are now complete. Click Finish to open Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2010.