Concerning to Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2010
In Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2010 a user can create a trusted zone of applications, which will be not scanned by anti-virus application. Trusted Zone is created according to a trusted application list and exclusions rules.
It is important to remember that if you create a trusted application list, than Kaspersky Anti-Virus will not control file and network program activities and registry prompts. An exe file of a program will still be scanned for viruses. If you want to disable an application scan at all, than you need to use Trusted Zone Exclusion rules.
Rules for trusted application:
- Do not scan opened files
- Do not control application activity
- Do not scan network traffic
In order to create a rule for the trusted application, perform the following actions:
- Open the main application window
- Click the Settings link
- Click Threats and exclusions
- In the right part of the window click the Settings button in the Exclusions section
- Go to the Trusted applications tab
- Click the Add link
- Select an executable file of the trusted application via Browse or Applications
- In the open dialog window select the settings for the trusted application:
- Do not scan opened files – excludes from the scan all files that the trusted application process.
- Do not restrict application activity – excludes from Proactive Defense monitoring any activity, suspicious or otherwise, that the trusted application performs.
Do not scan network traffic
– excludes from scans for viruses and spam any network traffic initiated by the trusted application. You can exclude all the application’s network traffic or encrypted traffic (SSL\TSL
) from the scan. To do so, click the all
link. It will change to encrypted. In addition you can restrict the exclusion by assigning a remote host/port. To create a restriction, click any
, which will change to selected
, and enter a value for the remote port/host.
If the Do not scan network traffic
option is checked the application traffic is not scanned for viruses and spam only. However the traffic is still scanned by Firewall
according to the parameters with which network activity of the application is analyzed.
By default the following file is added to trusted applications with the Do not scan encrypted network traffic parameter in Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2010:
- %SystemRoot%\system32\svchost.exe – executable file of the system process Microsoft Windows Update
Protected traffic of this service cannot be scanned by any anti-virus software.
Work of these programs will be finished with an error, if an allowing rule has not been created for this service.