Concerning to:Kaspersky Anti-Virus 6.0 for Windows Workstations MP4
Kaspersky Anti-Virus 6.0 SOS MP4
Kaspersky Anti-Virus 6.0 for Windows Servers MP4
A configuration file is required to install Kaspersky Anti-Virus 6.0 for Windows Workstations/SOS/Servers MP4 with predefined settings.
A configuration file contains settings for all installed program components.
Attention! The component Virus Scan is always installed. You cannot exclude it from an installation process.
To create a configuration file in Kaspersky Anti-Virus version 6.0 MP4:
- Open Kaspersky Anti-Virus program and configure all the settings as necessary.
- Click Settings – Protection – Save button within the block Application Settings Management.
- Save your configuration in a file named install.cfg.
A configuration file must be named install.cfg. Otherwise, you won’t be able to use it with Kaspersky Anti-Virus installation package!
If you want to create a configuration file for only one (or several) of the program components, you should install Kaspersky Anti-Virus on a separate PC with the components you need, configure them as necessary and save the configuration into a configuration file.
To install Kaspersky Anti-Virus 6.0 for Windows Workstations/SOS/Servers MP4 with predefined settings:
- create a configuration file named install.cfg.
- copy the key file and install.cfg into the folder with Kaspersky Anti-Virus setup file. This folder must also contain the msi file.
Extract the Kaspersky Anti-Virus setup launcher file using an archiver (e.g.,WinZip) into a folder. Copy install.cfg and key file into this folder.
You can create a configuration file for Kaspersky Anti-Virus 6.0 for Windows Workstations/SOS/Servers MP4 using the following products version 6.0 MP3 or 6.0 MP4:
- Kaspersky Anti-Virus 6.0 for Windows Workstations MP3/MP4.
- Kaspersky Anti-Virus 6.0 for Windows Servers MP3/MP4.
If you add such configuration file to Kaspersky Anti-Virus 6.0 for Windows Workstations/SOS/Servers MP4 installation package, the settings applicable to the product will be applied when you install it.
You cannot use a configuration file created by home products (Kaspersky Anti-Virus/Kaspersky Internet Security 6.0/7.0/2009/2010) to install Kaspersky Anti-Virus6.0 for Windows Workstations/SOS/Servers MP4.
If you are using Kaspersky Administration Kit for remote control, you can use a configuration file to start Kaspersky Anti-Virus with necessary configuration after reboot. The policy applied to a client PC does not come into effect immediately. Maximum period to apply a policy is limited by the synchronization period between Network agent and Administration server (it is configured in the Client agent policy).
For remote installation of Kaspersky Anti-Virus, copy install.cfg into the exec subfolder of the created installation package. If you have not added a key file to your installation package, you can copy it into the exec subfolder as well. All installation packages are saved in the folder Program Files\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Administration Kit\Share\Packages.
If you have already installed Kaspersky Anti-Virus 6.0 for Windows Workstations MP4 and you want to apply a created configuration file to it, do the following (there is no need to reinstall Kaspersky Anti-Virus):
- Go to Kaspersky Anti-Virus – Settings – Protection. Click the button Load within the section Application settings management – select the configuration file – Apply – OK.