Applies to:Kaspersky Anti-Virus 6.0 for Windows Workstations MP4
Kaspersky Anti-Virus 6.0 SOS MP4
Kaspersky Anti-Virus 6.0 for Windows Servers MP4
Backup Storage is a special storage for backup copies of disinfected or deleted dangerous objects. Its main feature is making it possible to restore processed objects at any time.
When a dangerous object is disinfected for the first time or deleted, its back-up copy is created in the backup storage.
The files within the backup storage are stored in internal binary formats. So they cannot be a threat.
Kaspersky Anti-Virus 6.0 for Windows Workstations/SOS/Servers MP4 places the backup storage files into the following folder:
- for Windows Vista\7\Server 2008: Disk:\ProgramData\Kaspersky Lab\AVP60MP4\QB
- for Windows2000\ XP\Server 2003: Disk:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Kaspersky Lab\AVP60MP4\QB
You can restore files from quarantine or backup storage using another PC. Just copy the quarantine and backup storage files from this folder into the corresponding folder at the other PC.
To make copying of files from the backup storage (from the folder) possible, disable self-protection of your Kaspersky Lab product(s).
What can be done with backup storage objects:
- restore selected objects;
- delete objects.
Backup storage settings.
You can configure the following backup storage parameters:
- Set a maximum time period to store quarantined objects and copies of objects in the backup storage. This parameter is common for quarantine and backup storage.
By default, the time period to store objects is:
- for Kaspersky Anti-Virus 6.0 for Windows Workstations/SOS MP4 – objects will be deleted within 30 days.
- for Kaspersky Anti-Virus 6.0 for Windows Servers – objects will be deleted within 90 days.
You can change the maximum storage time or disable the limit at all.
Maximum storage time is allowed to be between 1 and 9999 days.
- Set a maximum size of the data storage. This parameter is common for quarantine and backup storage.
By default, the maximum size is set to 1000 MB.
You can change the maximum storage size or disable the limit at all.
Maximum storage size is allowed to be between 1 and 9999 MB.
Note: This article is illustrated with a screenshot from Kaspersky Anti-Virus 6.0 for Windows Workstations MP4. The same window of Kaspersky Anti-Virus 6.0 for Windows Servers MP4 and Kaspersky Anti-Virus 6.0 SOS MP4 looks the same except for the number of components in the section Protection.