Applies to Kaspersky Administration Kit 8.0
An Application control Plug-in is an interface for controlling a specific Kaspersky Lab application via the Administration console. Plug-ins provide:
- a set of dialogue windows (interface) for creation and editing application tasks and settings;
- source of information on events generated by the application;
- provision of functions for the Administration console to display information received from client PCs and antivirus application events and statistics.
Plug-ins exist for all applications remotely administrable via Kaspersky Administration Kit. When you install the Administration console, Plug-ins for Kaspersky Antivirus 6.0 for Windows Workstations/Servers will be installed automatically. Plug-ins for other applications must be installed into the Console manually – Kaspersky Anti-Virus distribution packages usually contain them.
Plug-in version directly corresponds to a specific version of an application (although version numbers do not necessarily match). So if you are updating the version of Kaspersky Anti-Virus, you have to reinstall the Plug-in as well. When you create an installation package for a new build of Kaspersky Anti-Virus, version of the corresponding Plug-in installed on your Console will update automatically. Still, if you are updating version of an antivirus manually or use more than one Console in the network, you have to update Plug-in version manually on each Console.
In order to update an Application control Plug-in manually do the following:
- extract the application (Anti-Virus or Agent) distribution package into a separate folder using a file archiver (WinRAR, for example).
- find the file klcfginst.exe in this folder and run it on each PC with installed Administration console. Plug-in installation file name is the same for all applications. Please close the Console before installing a Plug-in.
In order to view versions of Plug-ins installed on a Console, open the Administration Server properties and click Advanced on the tab General. In the new window click on Information about the plug-ins installed for the application:
If you are managing a single Administration Server from different Consoles, they may display different information about the installed Plug-ins.
You can also find the version of an installed Plug-in in properties of the following files (in Kaspersky Administration Kit installation folder):
- klsrvplg.dll - Plug-in for Kaspersky Administration Kit.
- klwksplg.dll - Plug-in for Kaspersky Anti-Virus 5.0 for Windows Workstations.
- klfsplg.dll - Plug-in for Kaspersky Anti-Virus 5.0 for Windows File Servers.
- klngtplg.dll - Plug-in for Network agent.
- klisaplg.dll - Plug-in for Kaspersky Anti-Virus 5.6 for ISA Server 2000 Enterprise Edition.
- klexavplg.dll - Plug-in for Kaspersky Anti-Virus 5.5 MP1 for Microsoft Exchange Server 2000/2003.
- klexplg.dll - Plug-in for Kaspersky Security 5.5 MP1 for Microsoft Exchange Server 2003.
- klnovell.dll - Plug-in for Kaspersky Anti-Virus 5.7 for Novell NetWare.
- KLMobilePlg.dll - Plug-in for Kaspersky Mobile Security 7.0 Enterprise Edition.
- KLMobile2Plg.dll - Plug-in for Kaspersky Endpoint Security 8 for Smartphone.
- klsosplg.dll - Plug-in for Kaspersky Anti-Virus S.O.S. 5.0.
- ap_fs.dll - Plug-in for Kaspersky Anti-Virus 6.0 MP4 for Windows Servers (in subfolder kav6.4plg).
- ap_wks.dll - Plug-in for Kaspersky Anti-Virus 6.0 MP4 for Windows Workstations (in subfolder kav6.4plg).
- ap_fs.dll - Plug-in for Kaspersky Anti-Virus 6.0 MP2/MP3 for Windows Servers (in subfolder kav6plg).
- ap_wks.dll - Plug-in for Kaspersky Anti-Virus 6.0 MP2/MP3 for Windows Workstations (in subfolder kav6plg).
- ap_sos.dll - Plug-in for Kaspersky Anti-Virus 6.0 MP4 SOS (in subfolder kav6.4sosplg).
- ap_sos.dll - Plug-in for Kaspersky Anti-Virus 6.0 MP3 SOS (in subfolder kav6sosplg).
- KLINPlg.dll - Plug-in for Kaspersky Anti-Virus 5.7 for Linux Workstations and File Servers.
- fseeplg.dll - Plug-in for Kaspersky Anti-Virus 6.0 for Windows Servers Enterprise Edition.