Applies to Kaspersky Administration Kit 8.0
The method of forced uninstallation allows to remotely uninstall third-party software in a particular group or a selection of client computers. Forced uninstall task can be created from the nodes Group tasks or Tasks for specific computers. This task runs a special uninstaller tool for removing third-party software on remote computers.
The uninstaller tool can be delivered to remote computers using one of the following methods:
- via RPC (Remote Procedure Call) from Administration server shared folder (C:\Program Files\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Administration Kit\Share\Packages, by default);
- using Network Agent, if installed.
How to use it:
It is impossible to use a shared folder for data transmission, if client computers connect to the Administration Server over Internet or use a Firewall-protected connection. In this case, it is necessary to have Network Agent installed on target client computers to deliver the tool. Network Agent can be installed locally, or in some other way.
Uninstallation of third-party software in a workgroup has some peculiarities (for example, it is recommended to disable Simple File Sharing). Therefore we recommend to use this method to install Network Agent on each client computer.
- Select an action that will be performed after uninstalling the third-party software.
- There are additional parameters available for the option Prompt user for action. Click the link Modify to access them. You can set a desired notification time interval and customize the text of the notification displayed to users.
Select target user accounts in the list of Windows network domains or from the group of Managed computers.
- Select a user account that will be used to start the remote uninstallation task. It can be either the account used to run the Administration Server or any other account.
This account must have administrator permissions on the remote computers. You can add several user accounts and queue them.
Data entered during creation of a new task is not verified! If you mistype a password or a user name, application uninstall command will not be added into selected user account login scripts.
- Schedule task start-up.
You can change the list of users, user account to run the task, schedule, and notifications in a created task.