Applies to:Kaspersky Anti-Virus 6.0 for Windows Workstations MP4
Kaspersky Anti-Virus 6.0 SOS MP4
Kaspersky Anti-Virus 6.0 for Windows Servers MP4
Kaspersky Administration Kit 8.0
Error Event ID 10016
may appear in the Event log
on a client computer with Network Agent
version 8.0.2048 - 8.0.2090
Event Type: Error
Event Source: DCOM
Event Category: None
Event ID: 10016
This error may occur in any operating system.
The event log registers this error when Network Agent attempts to access the Network Access Protection Agent service on a client PC where this service is installed but disabled. This error does not occur on computers with Network Access Protection service enabled.
We recommend the following solution: disable the interaction between the Network Agent and Network Access Protection Agent if your network does not use NAP.
In order to be able to automatically disable/enable Network Access Protection Agent to Network Agent interaction:
- Download the file disablenap.zip and extract its content using an archiver program, such as WinZip;
- Run the deployment task you have created.
- Create a deployment task for the installation package.
- Create an installation package for the file disablenap.exe;
If you have the Network Access Protection Agent service enabled on client computers after installing disablenap.exe, you should download the file enablenap.zip and perform the same process, i.e. create an installation package and run a deployment task, with the downloaded enablenap.exe file. This will restore the interaction between the Network Agent and Network Access Protection Agent service.
Starting with version 8.0.2090 (Administration Kit 8.0 CF1), Network Agent supports interaction with NAP service via a 32-bit DWORD value Enable in the MS Windows registry.
The value Enable is always a 32-bit one, regardless of opearting system type.
Perform the following on a client computer:
- Expand the following key:
- for 32-bit OS: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\KasperskyLab\Components\34\1103\126.96.36.199\;
- for 64-bit OS: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\KasperskyLab\Components\34\1103\188.8.131.52\;
- Create a new key NAP;
- Create a DWORD value named Enable with the following value data:
- 1 - enable interaction with NAP Agent;
- 0 - disable interaction with NAP Agent.
You will need to restart the Kaspersky Lab Network Agent service after modifying the Enable value.
Beginning with the version Kaspersky Administration Kit 8.0 CF2 (version 8.0.2134) you can manage the NAP service interaction via the Network Agent policy:
How to disable/enable the NAP interaction in Kaspersky Administration Kit 8.0 CF2 (version 8.0.2134).