An error may sometimes occur when attempting to uninstall Kaspersky Anti-Virus
via Start > Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs.
As a result the program will not be uninstalled or will be uninstalled partially.
To uninstall the application completely:
- download the archive kavremover.zip;
- extract its contents into a folder using an archive program (WinZip, for example);
- run the kavremover.exe file;
- type the displayed code into the field below the picture;
- click the Remove button;
- wait for a dialogue box to appear informing about successful application uninstallation;
Attention! The utility removes even password-protected applications.
- click OK.
If the remover utility fails to detect Kaspersky Anti-Virus
in the system while you are sure it is installed and/or there remain any uninstalled modules, you can force uninstallation by choosing the installed application in the drop-down menu and clicking Remove
(as an option you can select <Remove all known products>
To view the detailed information on the removal process, open a file named like kavremvr YYYY-MM-DD HH-MM-SS (pid xxxx).log created in the folder containing kavremover.exe.
The kavremover.exe utility allows uninstalling Network Agent 9.
The kavremover.exe utility can be used with commercial and trial versions of Kaspersky Lab software.
If this article did not help you to uninstall Kaspersky Anti-Virus, please submit a request to the Technical Support Service.