Applies to Kaspersky Mobile Security 9.0 (for Windows Mobile 5.0/6.0/6.1/6.5)
After activating the program, you will be asked to enter your secret code. The secret code prevents unauthorized access to the application settings. You can later change the secret code installed.
The secret code is requested in the following instances:
- for access to the application;
- for access to encrypted data;
- to enable/disable Privacy Protection;
- when sending a command with a special SMS message to start the following functions remotely: Blocking, Data Wipe, SIM-Watch function, GPS Find, Privacy Protection;
- when uninstalling the application.
Please remember the secret code. If you forget it, it will be impossible to use the functions of Kaspersky Mobile Security 9.0 or to obtain access to encrypted data and uninstall the application. You are advised to use a secret code consisting of at least 7 digits.
In order to set the secret code in Kaspersky Mobile Security 9.0, performe the following actions:
- Press Continue in the window suggesting to set the secret code.
- In the Set new secret code field, specify the required code.
- In the Confirm the new code field, enter the code once again to confirm the specified code and press OK.
The entered code is checked for reliability. If the code is identified as a strong code, the message suggesting to enable secret code recovery will appear.
- In the open window, perform one of the following actions:
- If you wish to enable the code recovery via an email address, press Yes, specify your email address and press Next. Message informing about successfull option enabling appears. Press OK.
- If you do not want to enable the code recovery option, press No.
In this case, you will not be able to restore your secret code. If you forget your secret code, you will not be able to access Kaspersky Mobile Security 9.0 functions and uninstall the application.