Applies to Kaspersky Mobile Security 9.0 (for Windows Mobile 5.0/6.0/6.1/6.5)
The GPS Find function can send the device's geographical coordinates to a requesting device using an SMS message, and to a specified e-mail address.
This function only works with devices with in-built GPS receiver. If necessary the receiver will be activated automatically.
The coordinates can only be obtained if the device is in the area reached by satellites. If satellites are not available at the time of request, attempts to find them will be made at specific intervals.
In order to enable the GPS Find function, performt the following actions:
- select the GPS Find item in the Anti-Theft tab
- check the GPS Find box
- by default, Kaspersky Mobile Security 9.0 sends the device's coordinates in a response SMS message
- to receive the device's coordinates by e-mail too, for the Send coordinates setting enter the e-mail address
- press OK to save the changes.
You can request the coordinates of a device on which GPS Find is enabled, using the following methods:
- sending a command to the lost/stolen device. This requires a second device where Kaspersky Mobile Security 9.0 is installed. On the second device, a special SMS message must be created and sent from Kaspersky Mobile Security 9.0. It consists of the device's phone number and its secret code. Receiving of a special SMS message on the stolen/lost device is not noticeable
- standard options of creating SMS messages of the phone. An SMS message must be created on the second device and sent with the special text and secret code of the lost/stolen device.
A paid SMS with a new phone number is sent to the Kaspersky Lab server located in Russia. Cost of the sms may differ by regions of mobile device location.
In order to determine the device's coordinates remotely, it is recommended to use a secure method with the help of Send command. The command and secret code are sent with encryption. In order to send a command to the lost/stolen device, perform the following actions:
- select the Send command item in the Additional tab
- for the Function setting, select the GPS Find value
- in the Phone number field, enter the device's phone number whose coordinates must be obtained
- in the Remote code field, enter the secret code set on the device receiving the message
- press Send.
In order to create an SMS message with the phone's standard SMS creation functions, send a s tandard SMS message to the device you want to block. The SMS message must contain the text find:<code>, where <code> is the secret code set on the device to be blocked. The message is not case sensitive, and spaces before or after the colon are ignored.
An SMS message with the device's coordinates is sent to the number from where the request to receive the coordinates was sent and to the e-mail address if it was specified in the GPS Find settings.