Applies to Kaspersky Mobile Security 9.0 (for Symbian-smartphones series 60 UI)
Kaspersky Mobile Security 9.0 allows remote starting of Privacy Protection with a special SMS message. To do this, first enable the function which allows remote starting of Privacy Protection.
In order to allow remote starting of Privacy Protection:
- select the Mode item in the Privacy Protection tab
- enable the Hide on SMS option in the window that will open
- press Back.
In order to send a command to the lost/stolen device, perform the following actions:
- select the Send command item in the Additional tab
- press the Start button
- select the Privacty Protection item from the list of actions
- press Next
- in the Enter phone number field, enter the device's phone number whose coordinates must be obtained
- press Next
- in the Enter remote code field, enter the secret code set on the device receiving the message
- press Send.
When the command is received, the Privacy Protection component starts on the lost/stolen device automatically.
In order to create an SMS message with the phone's standard SMS creation functions, send a standard SMS message to the device you want to locate. The SMS message must contain the text hide:<code>, where <code> is the secret code set on the receiving device. The message is not case sensitive, and spaces before or after the colon are ignored.