Applies to:Kaspersky PURE Release 2
In order to activate Kaspersky PURE you need the activation code. Activation code is a unique charset of 4 sections. Each section comprises 5 symbols, and the common number of symbols equals to 20 (e.g. XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX). An activation code is required to activate a Kaspersky Lab product which you have purchased in E-Store.
If you have purchased a box version of Kaspersky PURE, the activation code can be found on the activation card.
If you have purchased the product in E-Store, in this case you will receive the activation code to your email address you have defined when making the order.
Before you update or reinstall the OS, make sure that:
- you have the activation code in print on the inner side of the box with the setup CD (if you purchased a box version).
- the activation code is saved on another device (flash-drive, floppy) which will not be formatted when reinstalling the operating system (if you purchased the product in the E-Store).
- product settings have been exported, and the configuration file is saved on another device (flash-drive, floppy) which will not be formatted when reinstalling the operating system
- the file with the Anti-Spam databases was saved on another device which will not be formatted when reinstalling the operating system.
After the OS reinstallation, you are recommended to perform the following actions:
- download the latest version of the product distributive which you have purchased earlier from the Kaspersky Lab’s official web-site: http://www.kaspersky.com/productupdates
- run the downloaded file
- when installing the product use the same activation code which you have saved on another device
- after you have installed the product and rebooted the OS, import the product settings from the configuration file you have created earlier
- copy the file with the Anti-Spam databases.