Applies to Kaspersky Internet Security 2011
After Kaspersky Internet Security 2011
is started the following message may be displayed:
If the "Databases are corrupted
" message is also followed by the message "Black list of is corrupted
", then in order to resolve the problem, perform the actions described in the article KB3876
If only the "Databases are corrupted
" message is displayed on the screen, then, in order to eliminate the problem, perform the following:
1. Try to update databases
In the dialog window that informs you that "Databases are corrupted
", click the Update now
Run the databases update process via the application interface. In order to do so, perform the following:
- open the application main window
- in the left part of the window select My Update Center
- click the Run update button
- wait until the update process is over
- make sure the product is updated and functions normally
- close the application main window.
2. Restart Kaspersky Internet Security 2011 and try to update databases
If the update process ends with the same error, then try to restart the application and update the databases once again. In order to do so, perform the following actions:
- right-click the application icon in the right lower part of the screen in the Taskbar notification area
- select Exit from the context menu that will open
- start the application. To do so, select Start - All programs - Kaspersky Internet Security 2011 - Kaspersky Internet Security 2011
- start the update process via the application interface as it is described above.
3. Roll back to previous databasesRoll back to the previous databases
. After the databases are rolled back start the databases update process. Wait until the process is completed. Make sure that the databases are successfully updated.
4. Restore initial state of the application
If the problem has not been eliminated after you performed actions described above, then run the Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2011 repair process.
5. Contact Kaspersky Lab Technical Support
If the recommendations given above did not help you to rectify the problem, send a request with the detailed description to Kaspersky Lab Technical Support via the My Kaspersky Account service. Attach the following files: