After the installation of Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2011/2012 or Kaspersky Internet Security 2011/2012, Windows 7 may "blue screen", e.g. while the computer is being started or if some task is being executed. It might be a conflict either with your computer software or with some drivers. If such a problem arises, then in order to rectify the problem, Kaspersky Lab Technical Support should receive a full memory dump file.
In order to enable the Complete memory dump option in Windows 7, you need to enable memory restrictions. In order to do so, perform the following actions:
- press simultaneously the buttons Windows and R on the keyboard
- in the Open field of the Run window enter msconfig and then click the OK button
- go to the Boot tab in the System Configuration window and then click the Advanced options... button
- check Maximum memory and specify the 2046 value
- click the OK button
- click the OK button in the System Configuration window
- in the System Configuration dialog window that will open, click the Restart button to apply the changes. Before restarting your operating system, save all open files and close all run applications.
In order to get a Complete memory dump file, perform the following actions:
- click Start in the left lower corner of the screen
- right-click the Computer item and then select Properties from the context menu that will open
- in the left menu of the window that will open click Advanced system settings
- in the System Properties window on the Advanced tab in the Startup and Recovery section, click the Settings... button
- in the Startup and Recovery window in the Write debugging information section, select Complete memory dump from the drop-down menu
In the same section you can choose the folder where the created dump will be created. By default, this file will be created by the operating system in its own folder in the MEMORY.DMP file. You can choose any folder name in the attached field.
- in the System Properties dialog window that will inform you that you are required to restart your computer, click the OK button
- in the System Properties window click the OK button
- in the Microsoft Windows dialog window that will open click the Restart Now button
- wait till your operating system restarts
- reproduce the problem once again
- make sure the complete memory dump file has been created successfully.
You can compress the created dump file to archive, that will decrease its size.
After the dump file is created, enter My Kaspersky Account, create a request to Kaspersky Lab Technical Support and attach the dump file to your request via the FTP option. You can find more detailed instructions in the article How to upload a file using FTP when I create a request to Kaspersky Lab Technical Support?
In the message describe your problem in details and how to reproduce the problem.