Applies to Kaspersky Internet Security 2011
The Mail Anti-Virus security level is defined as a preset configuration of settings which are used by the application to protect a user e-mail.
Kaspersky Lab specialists distinguish three security levels. You may select one of the following security levels according to the operational conditions and the current situation:
- High. If you work in a non-secure environment, the maximum security level will suit you the best. An example of such environment is a connection to a free e-mail service from a network that is not guarded by centralized email protection.
- Recommended. This level provides an optimum balance between the efficiency and security and is suitable for most cases. This is also the default setting.
- Low. If you work in a well secured environment, low security level can be used. An example of such an environment might be a corporate network with centralized e-mail security.
Kaspersky Lab specialists do not recommend to modify Mail Anti-Virus settings on your own. In most cases it is enough to select one of the security levels.
If you want to change the Mail Anti-Virus security level, perform the following actions:
- open the main application window
- in the main application window, go to the Protection Center tab
- in the right upper corner of the main application window, click the Settings link
- in the left part of the Settings window, select the Mail Anti-Virus component
- in the right part of the Settings window in the Security level section, set the required security level
- click the OK button in the right lower corner of the Settings window
- close the main application window.
If none of the preset levels meet your needs, you can configure the Mail Anti-Virus settings on your own. As a result, the security level name will be changed to Custom.
You can restore the default component settings at any time you want by clicking the Default level button.