Safe Run in Kaspersky Internet Security 2011 is a secure environment isolated from the main operating system and designed for running applications whose safety raises doubts as well as for working with online banking resources when security of confidential data has a great importance. When you use Safe Run, the real objects of the operating system do not undergo changes. If a virus somehow gets access to the system resources it will be stopped by other protection components, namely HIPS, Proactive Defense and File Anti-Virus. Safe Run in interaction with these components considerably increases protection level against penetration of both known and unknown threats onto your PC.
So even if you run an infected application in Safe Run, all of its actions will be limited to the virtual environment without affecting the operating system.
In Kaspersky Internet Security 2011, Safe Run offers the following functionality:Safe Run for Websites
provides the following possibilities:
Safe Run of Applications
- secure working with online banking and other web sites which require your confidential data
- using Internet on a daily basis
- visiting untrustworthy Internet-resources where viruses may spread and/or where user’s confidential data may be spoofed
- viewing documents in different formats online (e.g. html-document)
- searching info on the Internet with the further deletion of the browsing history
- installing and running applications received from untrustworthy resources
- opening and working with any documents
- using networks IRC,IM, e-mail (applications, ICQ, MSN Messenger, Yahoo! Messenger and etc.) for private communications and later deleting the message history.
Suspicious objects detected while you work in the safe environment are quarantined in the normal mode. The type of safe environment and the original file locations are saved in the list of detected threats and in the full report of Kaspersky Internet Security 2011. When objects are recovered from Quarantine, they are restored to the original folder. If the original folder cannot be found, Kaspersky Internet Security 2011 offers you to specify a location to restore the object in the environment in which the restoration procedure has been started.
The Safe Run mode, the component of Kaspersky Internet Security 2011, doesn’t work with Microsoft Windows XP x64.
The Safe Run mode works with limitations on Microsoft Windows Vista x64 and Microsoft Windows 7 x64: