Applies to Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2011
Please follow the procedure below should you wish to uninstall Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2011:
1. Exit from the application:
To do it, perform the following:
- right-click the Kaspersky icon on the bottom right hand corner of the desktop
- select Exit
2. Remove the application using the Setup Wizard:
- click Start
- click All programs
- choose Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2011
- click Modify, Repair or Remove
- click on the Remove icon on the Setup Window.
3. Select one from the following options:
- Complete uninstall - choose this variant if you want to fully remove the application and if you will no longer use it in the near future. Note: by selecting this option, all application objects, including any remaining license validity period will be removed from the machine.
- Save application objects - choose this variant if you only want to update the application version. This option will delete old program files and registry entries, allowing installation of the new version. Option to save the following objects are provided (It is recommended to select and save “Keep activation data”, if the current license is still valid):
- Activation data
- Backup and Quarantine files (the option is available only if malicious objects were detected and were backed up during previous sessions)
- Operational settings of the application (user settings of the Kaspersky Anti-Virus components)
- iSwift and iChecker data (use to accelerate the application work)
- Save Run shared folder data
4. Finish the uninstallation process:
It is necessary to uninstall the application system drivers correctly. This is possible once the uninstallation process is complete. It is therefore important to restart the machine in order to complete the uninstall process. A restart can be performed immediately after the procedure. This option is presented after the program features you have selected have been removed. Another option is to delay the restart of the computer, this can be done manually later on:
- click the Yes button to restart your computer immediately
- click the No button to restart your computer manually later.
Once the computer is restarted, the application is completely uninstalled from your PC.
If removal finished with an error, or the program is partially uninstalled, download and run removal tool for Kaspersky Lab products.
If some problems appear during uninstallation:
If uninstallation of Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2011 ends with an error, create a request to Kaspersky Lab Technical Support via the My Kaspersky Account service. Describe your problem in all details and attach screenshots of errors and a report file created using the GetSystemInfo utility.