In Kaspersky Internet Security 2011 a user can create a trusted zone of applications, which will be not scanned by anti-virus application. Trusted Zone is created according to a trusted application list and exclusions rules.
It is important to remember that if you create a trusted application list, than Kaspersky Internet Security 2011 will not control file and network program activities and registry prompts. An exe file of a program will still be scanned for viruses. If you want to disable an application scan at all, than you need to use Trusted Zone Exclusion rules.
Rules for trusted application:
- Do not scan opened files
- Do not monitor application activity
- Do not monitor child application activity
- Do not scan network traffic
In order to create a rule for the trusted application, perform the following actions:
- open the main application window
- in the right upper corner of the main application window, click the Settings link
- in the left upper part of the Settings window, go to the Advanced Settings tab
- in the left part of the Settings window, select Threats and exclusions
- in the right part of the Settings window, click the Settings button in the Exclusions section
- in the Trusted Zone window, go to the Trusted applications tab
- in the Trusted Zone window, click the Add button
- select an executable file of the trusted application via Browse or Applications (running applications are displayed)
- in the open window Exclusions for application, select the settings for the trusted application:
- Do not scan opened files - excludes from the scan all files that the trusted application process.
- Do not monitor application activity - excludes from Proactive Defense monitoring any activity, suspicious or otherwise, that the trusted application performs.
- Do not monitor child application activity - excludes from Proactive Defense monitoring any activity, suspicious or otherwise, that child applications of the trusted application perform.
Do not scan network traffic excludes from scans for viruses and spam any network traffic initiated by the trusted application. You can exclude all the application’s network traffic or encrypted traffic (SSL/TSL) from the scan. To do so, click the all link. It will change to encrypted. In addition you can restrict the exclusion by assigning a remote host/port. To create a restriction, click any, which will change to selected, and enter a value for the remote port/host.
If the Do not scan network traffic option is checked the application traffic is not scanned for viruses and spam only. However the traffic is still scanned by Firewall according to the parameters with which network activity of the application is analyzed.
click the OK button in the Exclusions for application window
click the OK button in the Trusted Zone window
click the OK button in the Settings window
close the main application window.
By default, the following file is added to trusted applications with the Do not scan encrypted network traffic parameter in Kaspersky Internet Security 2011:
- %SystemRoot%\system32\svchost.exe - executable file of the system process Microsoft Windows Update Protected.
Traffic of this service cannot be scanned by any anti-virus software. Work of these programs will be finished with errors, if an allowing rule has not been created for this service.