Applies to Kaspersky Internet Security 2011
The Mail Anti-Virus integration into the system is understood as the plug-in installation in the Microsoft Office Outlook and The Bat! e-mail client applications.
The plug-in of the Mail Anti-Virus component from Kaspersky Internet Security 2011 can be embedded only in MS Office Outlook 2003, 2007!
Mail Anti-Virus plug-in integration into Microsoft Office Outlook
A special plug-in is installed in Microsoft Office Outlook, if you are using the application, when you install Kaspersky Internet Security 2011. It allows you to configure Mail Anti-Virus settings quickly from the e-mail client application. The plug-in comes in the form of a special Email protection tab. In order to open the tab, perform the following actions:
- open the Microsoft Office Outlook main window
- in the application menu select Tools
- in the drop-down menu click Options
- go to the Email protection tab and configure the required settings
Mail Anti-Virus plug-in intergration into The Bat!
If you are using The Bat! e-mail client application, then actions performed on infected objects are determined by The Bat!. The Mail Anti-Virus options are only for attached archives.
Incoming email messages are first scanned by Mail Anti-Virus and only after that – by the The Bat! mail client plug-in. That's why, if you select the Disinfect (Delete) action in the notification window of Mail Anti-Virus, actions aimed at eliminating the threat will be performed by Mail Anti-Virus. If you select the Skip action in the notification window, the object will be disinfected by The Bat! plug-in.
When sending email messages, the scan is first performed by The Bat! plug-in, then by Mail Anti-Virus.
In order to go to the The Bat! settings, perform the following actions:
- open the main The Bat! window
- click Options
- in the drop-down menu select Preferences
- in the left part of the window select Anti-Virus
How to disable the Mail Anti-Virus plug-in integration into Microsoft Office Outlook or The Bat!?
In order to disable the Mail Anti-Virus plug-in integration into Microsoft Office Outlook or The Bat!, perform the following actions:
- open the main application window
- in the left part of the main application window, select Protection Center
- in the right upper corner of the main application window, click the Settings link
- in the left part of the Settings window, select Mail Anti-Virus
- in the right part of the Settings window, click the Settings button
- in the Mail Anti-virus window, go to the Additional tab
- clear the box Additional: Microsoft Office Outlook plug-in, if you use Microsoft Office Outlook
- clear the box Additional: The Bat! plug-in, if you use The Bat!
- in the lower part of the Mail Anti-Virus window, click the OK button
- click the OK button in the Settings window
- close the main application window.