Installation of Kaspersky Anti-Virus 8.0 for Windows Servers Enterprise Edition consists in installing the following components:
- antivirus application – should be installed directly on the server it is going to protect;
- Anti-Virus administration console (MMC) – can be installed either on the protected server or on a remote host;
- plug-in for managing Anti-Virus via Kaspersky Administration Kit – should be installed on each host with Administration console used to manage Anti-Virus.
There exist several methods of installing these three components: locally, from command line prompt, via Active Directory policies, using Kaspersky Administration Kit remote installation tasks. The table below contains possible installation variants with recommendations.
Kaspersky Anti-Virus installation files are stored in two folders: x86\ and x64\. The folder x86\ contains installation files for servers running a 32-bit MS Windows; the folder x64\ contains installation files for servers running a 64-bit MS Windows.
||Command line prompt
||Kaspersky Security Center
Command line switches can be used to change Anti-Virus installation settings. Prompt EULA=1 is required.
|File for creating an installation package \x64\server\kavws.kpd \x86\server\kavws.kpd Path can be diffferent depense on OS.
|Administration console (MMC)
Command line switches can be used to change Anti-Virus installation settings
|When creating an installation package, choose Make installation package for specified executable file and select the following file: \client\kavwstools.msi. You can specify desired command line switches in the filed Executable file command line to change installation folder and the list of components to be installed.
|Control plug-in (Kaspersky Security Center)
||This method is not supported
You can also use the file \setup.exe to install the application locally. In this case you will get prompted to select components to install, open Anti-Virus setup guide, Anti-Virus web page, Technical support service web site. Examples:
- installation from command line prompt
- Install Anti-Virus with default installation settings in non-interactive mode:
msiexec /i kavws.msi /qn EULA=1
- Install Anti-Virus with default installation settings, display installation interface:
msiexec /i kavws.msi /qf EULA=1
- Install Anti-Virus with license key from the file C:\0000000A.key:
msiexec /i kavws.msi LICENSEKEYPATH=C:\0000000A.key /qn EULA=1
- Install Anti-Virus with initial scan of active processes and boot sectors on local disk drives:
msiexec /i kavws.msi PRESCAN=1 /qn EULA=1
- Install Anti-Virus, save its files in the folder C:\WSEE and cancel processing secure remote administration applications (Anti-Virus will keep detecting them and ignore):
msiexec /i kavws.msi INSTALLDIR=C:\WSEE RADMINEXCLUSION=1 /qn EULA=1
- Install only Anti-Virus console and help on a workstation:
msiexec /i kavwstools.msi ADDLOCAL=MmcSnapin,Help /qn EULA=1
- Install all Anti-Virus administration tools:
msiexec /i kavwstools.msi /qn