Concerning to Kaspersky Security 5.5 for Microsoft Exchange Server 2003
Kaspersky Security 5.5 for Microsoft Exchange Server 2003 does not fully support the cluster technology; however, it will function correctly on a cluster of servers treating each node as a separate physical Exchange server.
A message arriving at a virtual Exchange server will be forwarded to one of the cluster's nodes. Streams of e-mail messages for each node may not intersect. The application will process a message at the node to which this message had been forwarded by the virtual Exchange server.
The scan results for each node of the cluster, namely,
- backup storage contents;
- information included into the reports;
- the group of events registered in the Windows logs and in the application's logs;
- values of virus outbreak counters
will be provided only for those messages that had been forwarded to this node of the cluster by the virtual Exchange server.
In order to create protection of Microsoft Exchange Server, installed on the cluster, against malware and SPAM:
1. Install the Security Server component to each node of the cluster. The installation shall be performed from the distribution kit individually for each server.
Specify a folder on a local disk of the server file system as the installation folder. Shared disks should not be used for this purpose as when the Microsoft Exchange Server application is moved to a different node of the cluster, the shared disk will be moved along with the application.
2. Install the Management Console on a computer within the corporate network.
3. Create the list of managed servers by adding all cluster nodes as servers
When adding managed servers and configuring connection of Management Console to the Server, use the names of physical servers on which the Security Server is installed. The use of a virtual Exchange server name may cause an addressing error when the Microsoft Exchange Server is moved to a different node of the cluster.
4. Connect the Management Control to the servers
5. Configure the anti-virus protection system for each server using identical settings values taking into consideration the following:
- As the backup storage folder, select a folder located on the physical server where the Security Server component is installed
- As a folder to be used to store reports and logs, select folders located on the physical server where the Security Server component is installed
- The list of unprotected storage areas on all servers must match