File Anti-Virus is a component that controls computer file system. It scans OPENED, LAUNCHED AND SAVED files on your computer and on all attached discs.
In order to protect files and a system, File Anti-Virus uses different sets of parameters.
All the parameters are divided into three groups:
By default, File Anti-Virus protects all objects located on hard, removable and network disk drives connected to your computer. You cannot delete these protection scopes from the list, but you can disable scan of them by uncheking them:
- all removable drives
- all hard drives
- all network drives
Also you can add any objects to the protection scope.
In order to configure the protection scope, perform the following actions:
- Open the main application window
- In the upper left corner of the window click the Preferences button.
- In the Preferences window go to the Protection tab.
- In the Security level section click the Preferences button.
- Go to the Protection scope tab.
- Check or clear the boxes for the options:
- All removable drives
- All hard drives
- All network drives
- You can also add/edit/delete the list of objects covered by the protection scope:
- To add an object, click the "+" button. In the Open window select an object and click the Open button. The object will be added to the list of scanned objects.
- To delete an object, select an object and click the "-" button. The object will be deleted to the list of scanned objects.
- To edit an object, select an object and click the Edit button. In the Open window select an object and click the Open button. The object will be edited in the lit of scanned objects.
- Click the OK button.
- Close the Preferences and the main application window.