is the component that monitors the computer's file system in real-time mode. It scans all files that are OPENED, STARTED OR SAVED on your computer and all associated disk drives. Each file, you are addressing to, will be intercepted by Kaspersky Anti-Virus and will be scanned for viruses. Based on the scan results, File Anti-Virus assigns one of the following statuses to the objects detected:
- malicious program (such as a virus or a Trojan)
- potentially infected status when the scan cannot determine if the object is infected or not. This means that the application detected a sequence of the code from an unknown virus or a modified code from a known virus in the file.
To configure an action to be performed on detected objects, perform the following steps:
- Open the main application window
- In the top left corner of the window click the Preferences button.
- In the Preferences window go to the Protection tab
- In the Action section define an action to be performed over a detected infected object.
- Select the Prompt for action option. In this case, Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2011 for Mac will notify you upon detection of a suspicious activity in the system and prompt for an action: allow or block activity.
- Select the Block access option:
- Delete, if disinfection fails (the option is active, if the Disinfect option is checked)
experts recommend setting the Disinfect
if disinfection fails actions for detected threats. In this case the program will perform the following actions:
- if the file can be disinfected it will be disinfected and then the file becomes available again.
- if after the analysis the application cannot determine whether the object is infected or not, the object will be Quarantined. If you check the option to scan the quarantined objects after each databases update, then the file will be disinfected, after the application receives new signatures, and will become available again.
- if the status of a virus is assigned to a file and it cannot be disinfected, then the file will be blocked and the results will be logged.
You can select the Delete
action, but all files will be deleted even if the file can be disinfected.
To avoid unauthorized access to the application settings, it is recommended to “lock” the File Anti-Virus component after the changes were made.