Concerning to Kaspersky PURE R2
In Kaspersky PURE R2 you can choose one of the following variants to start the Vulnerability scan task:
- By schedule (automatically)
If you select the Manually variant, then you can start the Vulnerability scan task at any time convenient for you. The vulnerability scan process takes some time to be completed and you cannot use some applications installed on your computer during the scan process.
Selecting the By schedule variant allows to configure the automatical start of the vulnerability scan task. If you select this variant, you can set the the vulnerability scan task frequency. In the schedule settings you can select one of the following frequencies:
- Every week
- At a specified time
- Every month
- After application startup
- After every update
For every frequency you can specify the interval. For example, if you select Every month you can select a particular day to start the scan task (1, 2, 3...) and set particular time (17:00).
If it is not possible to start the task for any reason (for example, the computer was not on at that time), you can configure the task to start automatically as soon as it becomes possible. To do so, check the Run skipped tasks box.
If you prefer not to work on the computer during the scan and lock the operating system, then you can check the box Pause scheduled scan when screensaver is inactive and computer is unlocked. If you check this box, then the scan process will be paused as soon as you begin to work with your computer.
In order to configure the schedule for vulnerability scan tasks, perform the following actions:
- open the main application window
- on the upper right hand corner of the window, click the Settings button
- on the upper part of the window, go to the Scan tab
- on the left hand part of the window, select Vulnerability scan
- on the right hand part of the window in the Run mode section, click on the Settings... button
- on the Run mode tab select the required vulnerability scan run mode: Manually or By schedule
- on the lower part of the window, click the OK button
- on the Settings window, click the OK button
- if a password is set to confirm the changes made in Kaspersky PURE R2, then in the Password checking window enter your password and click OK
- close the window Computer Protection and the main application window.