Applies to Kaspersky PURE R2
In Kaspersky PURE R2
you can choose whether to start the full scan
task manually or by schedule (automatically).
If you select the Manually
variant, then you can start the task at any time convenient for you. The full scan
process takes some time to be completed and you cannot use some applications installed on your computer during the scan process.
Selecting the By schedule
variant allows to configure the automatical start of the full scan
task. If you select this variant, you can set the the vulnerability scan
task frequency. In the schedule settings you can select one of the following frequencies: minutes, hours, days, every week, at a specified time, every month, after application startup, after every update.
For every frequency you can specify the interval. For example, if you select Every month
you can select a particular day to start the scan task (1, 2, 3...) and set particular time (05:00 p.m.).
If it is not possible to start the task for any reason (for example, the computer was not on at that time), you can configure the task to start automatically as soon as it becomes possible. To do so, check the Run skipped tasks
Scheduled tasks feature additional functionality, for example, you can pause scheduled scan when screensaver is inactive or computer is unlocked. This functionality postpones the task launch until the user has finished working on the computer. So, the scan task will not take up system resources during the work. To enable this setting, check the Pause scheduled scan when screensaver is inactive and computer is unlocked
In order to schedule the full scan
task, perform the following actions:
- open the main application window
- on the upper right hand corner of the window, click Settings
- on the upper part of the Settings window, go to the Scan tab
- on the left hand part of the Settings window, select Full Scan
- on the right hand part of the Settings window under Run Mode, click on the Settings button
- on the Full Scan window, check the box By schedule
- create the required schedule
- click OK on the bottom part of the window
- on the window Settings, click the OK button
- close the main application window.