Applies to Kaspersky PURE R2
The IM Anti-Virus component in Kaspersky PURE R2 is designed to ensure safe operation of IM clients. It protects the information that comes to your computer via IM protocols. The product ensures safe operation of various applications for instant messaging, including ICQ, MSN, AIM, Yahoo! Messenger, Jabber, Google Talk, and others.
Traffic is scanned based on a certain combination of settings. If threats are detected in a message, IM Anti-Virus substitutes this message with a warning message for the user. Your IM traffic protection level is determined by a group of settings. One of the groups is the protection scope section.
Protection scope is understood as the type of messages subject to scan:
- Incoming and outgoing messages. IM Anti-Virus scans both incoming and outgoing messages by default.
- Incoming messages only. If you are sure that messages sent by you cannot contain dangerous objects, select this setting. IM Anti-Virus will scan only incoming messages.
By default, Kaspersky PURE R2 scans both incoming and outgoing messages of IM clients. If you are sure that the messages sent by you cannot contain any dangerous objects, you may disable the scan of outgoing traffic.
How to disable outgoing messages scan?
To disable the scan of outgoing messages, perform the following actions:
- open the main application window
- on the upper right hand corner of the window, click Settings
- on the upper part of the Settings window, select Protection
- on the left hand part of the window, select IM Anti-Virus
- on the right hand part of the window in the Protection scope section, select the Incoming messages only option
- on the Settings window, click OK
- close the main application window.