Applies to Kaspersky Password Manager 5.0
If you need to send your personal data via the Internet, it is recommended to protect your data. Confidential data (for example, bank account details) sending via the Internet can be intercepted and used by cyber criminals.
In order to protect data, you can use a new feature data encryption of Kaspersky Password Manager 5.0. Using the option you can export your personal data to a file and specify a password to access it. A receiver can open the file only by loading it to a password database of Kaspersky Password Manager 5.0 and entering the password to it.
In order to save your personal data and protect them with a password, perform the following actions:
- Open the application context menu.
- Select Password Manager from the context menu
- On the bottom of the Kaspersky Password Manager window, clikc on the Export link
- On the Kaspersky Password Manager - Data Export window, select I want to export the selected items and click Next
- Check the boxes next to data you wish to send and click Next
- Select Secure export (recommended) and specify your password to protect exported data:
On the Secure export destination step, select the folder you wish to save the file to by clicking on the browse button (with the folder icon).
Click on the Next button.
On the Start export step, click on the Export button
On the Start export step, click on the Close button.
- If you have checked the box Exclude login information from exported data, the option Use a reminder date if you want to be notified about expiration of exported items will be unavailable. In order to return to the previous step, click on the Back button.
- If you have not checked the box Exclude login information from exported data, you can check the box Use a reminder date if you want to be notified about expiration of exported items and enter the required date. Click on the Next button.
Your data has been exported to the password-protected file which can be sent via the Internet. In order to open the file and access the data, you will need to enter the password specified to the file.
In order to open the file, it is required to import it to a password database of Kaspersky Password Manager version 4.0 or 5.0.