Applies to Kaspersky Small Office Security 2 for Personal Computer
In order to have the possibility to save the data in an existing encrypted container, you need to connect it first. When created, a container is connected automatically.
To connect the container, Kaspersky Small Office Security 2 for Personal Computer should be launched
Connect container via Kaspersky Small Office Security 2 for Personal Computer interface
In order to connect via the container the application interface, do the following:
- Open the main application window
- Go to the Tools tab.
- Select Data Encryption
- In the Data Encryption window, select the required container and click on the Decrypt data button
- To open the container, double-click the selected container or click the Open button.
Connect container via Microsoft Windows context menu
In order to connect the container via Microsoft Windows
context menu, do the following:
- Open in Microsoft Windows Browser the folder where you saved the container during the container creation
- Select the container and right-click on it
- In the context menu select Connect container
If during the container creation you selected the option Create desktop shortcut
, then perform the following actions to connect to the container:
- Select the shortcut
- Right-click on the shortcut of the encrypted container
- In the context menu select Connect container.
After finishing work with the data stored on the container you are recommended to disconnect the container, as when the container is connected (i.e. not encrypted) any user can access to your personal data. You can disconnect the container the same way as connect: via the application interface by clicking on the Encrypt data button or via the context menu of the shortcut or the icon of the container by selecting Disconnect container.