Applies to Kaspersky Small Office Security 2 for File Server
By default, objects are scanned by File Anti-Virus according to signature analysis (using databases which contain descriptions of all known malware and the corresponding disinfection methods). Kaspersky Small Office Security 2 for File Servercompares each scanned object with the database records to determine firmly if the object is malicious, and if so, into which class of malware it falls.
Since new malicious objects appear daily, there is always some malware which are not described in the databases, and which can only be detected using heuristic analysis.
You can set the detail level for scans in File Anti-Virus. The higher the detail level, the more resources the scan will require, and the longer it will take.
In order to enable the heuristic analysis, and set the level for scans, perform the following actions:
- Open the main application window.
- In the left part of the window go to the Protection Center tab.
- In the top right part of the window click the Settings link.
- In the left part of the Settings window select the File Anti-Virus component.
- In the right part of the window in the Security level section click the Settings button.
- In the File Anti-Virus window go to the Performance tab.
- In the scan methods section check the Heuristic analysis option.
- Move the horizontal slider to specify the scan level:
- Click the OK button in the right lower corner of the window.
- Click the OK button in the Settings window
- Close the main application window.