Applies to Kaspersky Small Office Security 2 for Personal Computer
Backup tasks are used for creating backup copies of files. A backup task may be created using the wizard.
When creating a backup task, the following settings should be defined:
- a set of files for which backup copies will be created;
- a storage in which they will be created;
- conditions of backup process startup.
In order to create a backup task, perform the following actions:
Step 1. Open the main application window.
Step 2. On the left hand part of the window, go to the Tools tab.
Step 3. On the right hand part of the window, click on the Backup and Restore button.
Step 4. On the right part of the window, click Create.
The Backup Task Creation Wizard appears.
Step 5. On the Backup Creation Wizard window, check boxes for folders and locations to make backup copies. Also you can specify the required folder by clicking on the Add folder button.
By default, the application do not make backup copies of system and hidden files. If you wish to make backup copies of such files, then click on the Hidden and System files link and select the required categories.
Step 6. On the Backup Task Creation Wizard window on the Content tab, select file categories to back up:
- All files. All files located in the folders selected in the Location of files section will be copied
- you can select the required categories of files by checking the corresponding boxes.
Step 7. On the Storage tab, select the required storage where backup copies will be located. If it is not enough free space in the storage you can clear the storage by clicking on the Clear button. Once the storage is selected, click Next.
When the selected storage is empty, the Clear button is missed.
Step 8. On the Schedule tab, specify the required schedule:
- if you wish to run backup tasks according to a schedule, check the box Run according to schedule and specify the required schedule
- if you wish to rerun tasks that were missed at the scheduled time., check the box Run skipped tasks
Step 9. On the Summary tab, type the required task name in the Task name entry field. To run the task immediately when the wizard is closed, check the box Run task when the wizard is complete. Click Finish to confirm the task creation and run the backup task.
Step 10. Close the Backup and Restore window by clicking on the Close button.
Step 11. Close the main application window.