Applies to Kaspersky Small Office Security 2 for File Server
Scanning the computer for viruses and vulnerabilities is one of the most important tasks in ensuring the computer's security. In the result of scan the possibility of spreading malicious programs that have not been discovered by protection components, due to some reasons, is detected. Vulnerability scan
performs the diagnostics of operating system and detects software features that can be used by intruders to spread malicious objects and obtain access to personal information.
specialists distinguish the following virus scan tasks:
- Object Scan. Any object of the computer's file system can be scanned.
- Full Scan. The following objects are scanned by default: system memory, programs run on startup, system backup, email databases, hard drives, removable storage media and network drives.
- Quick Scan. Operating system startup objects are scanned.
You can create your own list of objects for each scan task, or run a scan task according to a schedule. The set of the scan task settings defines a security level. By default three security levels are predefined:
Full and Quick Scan tasks are specific tasks. Kaspersky Lab experts do not recommend to change the list of objects scanned by the Full and Quick Scan tasks.
- High. Maximum full scan of the entire computer or a separate drive, folder or file on a computer.
- Recommended. This level scans the same objects scanned at the high security level, excluding files of mail formats
- Low. This security level which is the best option for handling applications with significant RAM requirements because the number of files to scan is reduced at this level.
After the virus scan task starts, its progress is displayed under the name of the task in the Scan
section of the main window of Kaspersky Small Office Security 2 for File Server