Applies to Kaspersky Small Office Security 2 for Personal Computer
By default, Password Manager from Kaspersky Small Office Security 2 for Personal Computer is not launched after the application installation. Initial setting of the Password Manager includes the following steps:
- Launch Password Manager
- Configure the main settings using the initial configuration wizard
- master password
- access control
- locking timeout
- Configuration completion
In order to launch Password Manager
, perform the following actions:
- open the main application window
- go to the Tools tab
- on the right hand part of the window, click Password Manager
- on the Password Manager window, click on the Start Password Manager button.
At first start, the Password Manager Configuration Wizard will appear.
Top of page ↑
Password Manager includes password protection (Master password) against unauthorized access to your password database by cyber criminals. Master password is the only password you need to remember.
In order to specify the Master Password, perform the following actions:
- On the Password Manager Configuration Wizard window, specify your master password.
When creating your master password, it is recommended to follow the following recommendations:
- a password should be made up of six characters or more;
- a password can contain digits, Latin characters, space and special characters («.», «,», «?», «!», «<», «>», «”», etc.);
- it is highly advised to create a password which includes a combination of upper- and lower-case alphabetic letters and digits.
You must not use in the password:
- words found in a dictionary or set expressions;
- any easy-to-guess sequence like: qwerty, 123456789, qazxsw etc.;
- personal data: first and last names, addresses, passport numbers, social security numbers etc.;
- it is strongly advised not to reuse the passwords which you use to run other programs (e-mail, databases, etc).
If you are afraid that your master-password entered from the keyboard may be stolen by keyloggers, use the Virtual keyboard. For this click the link Use Virtual Keyboard and enter your master-password from the virtual keyboard. After you have entered the master-password, to close virtual keyboard, click the cross in the right upper corner.
- In the field Confirm Master-Password re-enter your master-password.
To check the correctness of the re-entered master-password, click the eye image in the password entry field.
The password strength scale below the two password entry fields shows how strong your master-password is; the password strength may be low, normal, enhanced or high.
- Check the box I have the read the information below about the importance of my Master-Password. Click Next to go to the next step.
Top of page ↑
All your personal data is stored encrypted in the Password Database. In order to get access to the Password Database, you must authorize in the application.
- Select an option to access the Password Database of Password Manager from the following options:
Click Next to go to the next step.
- Password protection - information from password database becomes available only after entering a Master Password.
- USB device - you can access the Password Database if the device is connected to computer.
- Bluetooth device - you can access the password database if a connection between the computer and the selected Bluetooth device is established.
- No authorization (not recommended) - the access to the password database is insecure. If there are several users on the computer, any of them can access the password database.
Top of page ↑
The Locking timeout feature blocks access to the program when the computer is inactive and thus protects your data from unauthorized access.
- Select the time when Password Manager will be automatically locked:
Check the box Request Master Password when Password Manager starts Click Next, to go to the next step.
- On screensaver activation
- 1 minute of computer inactivity
- 3 minutes of computer inactivity
- 5 minutes of computer inactivity
- 10 minutes of computer inactivity
- 15 minutes of computer inactivity
- 30 minutes of computer inactivity
- 60 minutes of computer inactivity
In order to finish configuration of Password Manager, click on the Finish button.
Several seconds after Password Manager Configuration Wizard is closed an information window appears which informs about a possible conflict between the program and installed browsers' password managers. To avoid the conflict, click Disable.
Initial configuration of Password Manager is complete.
Top of page ↑