On February 15, 2011, Kaspersky Lab announces release of Maintenance Pack 2 for Kaspersky Mobile Security 9.0 (ver. 184.108.40.206 (Windows Mobile), 9.4.95 (Symbian), 9.4.21 (BlackBerry)).
- Added support of mobile devices running BlackBerry.
- Secret code recovery is implemented for all operating systems.
Verison for mobile devices with the Symbian OS
Version number: 9.4.95.
The Kaspersky Mobile Security 9.0 for mobile devices with the Symbian OS includes the following components:
- Call & SMS Filter (Anti-Spam);
- Parental Control;
- Privacy Protection.
Version for mobile devices with the Microsoft Windows Mobile
Version number: 220.127.116.11.
The Kaspersky Mobile Security 9.0 version for mobile devices with the Microsoft Windows Mobile includes the following components:
- Call/SMS Filter (Anti-Spam);
- Parental Control;
- Privacy Protection.
Version for mobile devices with the BlackBerry OS
Version number: 9.4.21.
The application provides the following functionality to the user:
- capability to block unwanted incoming calls and SMS;
- capability to receive current phone number when the SIM card is changed;
- capability to block the device remotely in case it is lost or stolen;
- capability to delete personal information remotely in case the device is lost or stolen;
- capability to identify the phone location remotely;
- capability to send SMS commands to other devices with installed Kaspersky Mobile Security 9.0 to block the device remotely, delete data, identify phone location.
The application can be installed to the main memory of the mobile device only.
The Kaspersky Mobile Security 9.0 version for mobile devices with the BlackBerry OS includes the following components:
- Call&SMS Filter;
- Anti-Theft folder.
Kaspersky Mobile Security 9.0 has been tested on the following mobile devices:
- Nokia: E61, 5500, N95, 3250, E50, E60, N71, N80, E71, N96, N78, 6220, 6110, 5800, N82, N97, E90, N76, 5530, 5730;
- HTC: 710S, S620, Touch Diamond, HD2, Touch Pro2, MAX 4G, Desire,Hero, Legend, Magic (G2), Wildfire;
- BlackBerry: 8520 Curve, Bold, Pearl, 9530 Storm, 9550 Storm 2, 9800 Torch;
- HP: iPaq 514, S100, HW 6915;
- Motorola XT702;
- Eten: m600, x800;
- Toshiba: G900;
- ASUS P750;
- Samsung SGH i200, GT-i5700;
- Glofish DX900.
Main peculiarities and issues:
- In Mitac mobile devices, the Privacy Protection component does not hide a last call.
- In Eten and Glofiish mobile devices, an empty message from an unknown sender is created by itself when the Privacy Protection component is enabled.
- If Kaspersky Mobile Security 9.0 is installed on a mobile device working under Windows Mobile, the time required to turn on the device is increased.
- In Samsung mobile devices, the embedded application SPB GPRS Monitor does not work.
- In Nokia mobile devices, some functions of the application Mail-agent stop working in case if maximum protection security level of Firewall is set.
- In Nokia mobile devices, if contacts with the same phone numbers are added to the mobile phone Contacts list and you perform hiding and displaying of your private data in Kaspersky Mobile Security 9.0, the firstly added contact will be replaced by the secondly added one.
- If your phone number is added to the Privacy Protection list, MMS messages sent to this number may be hided. In order to open hided MMS messages, disable Hide mode.
- If the Kaspersky Mobile Security 9.0 is installed to the main phone memory and a new unread sms message is received from the contact added to the Privacy Protection list and saved to the phone card, then in cases when the contacts are hided/displayed, the you will be informed about a new unread message each time.
- In some mobile devices working under Symbian OS, in some cases, to access an encrypted folder with image files it is required to repeat entering your secret password.
- In some mobile devices running under Windows Mobile, it is impossible to open image files even after entering a secret code. If you wish to open such image files, decrypt the required folder with files. Once the folder is decrypted, files will be available.