Applies to Kaspersky Internet Security Special Ferrari Edition
On May, 12th 2011 Kaspersky Lab announces commercial release of Kaspersky Internet Security Special Ferrari Edition. The full version number is 18.104.22.1686 (box version), 22.214.171.1246 (version purchased via E-Store).
1. Protection concept
2. New in protection
3. New in the application interface
4. Main known issues
5. Delivery set
6. Installation guide
1. The concept of your computer protection by Kaspersky Internet Security Special Ferrari Edition
Kaspersky Internet Security Special Ferrari Edition protects your computer against known and unknown threats, network and intruder attacks, spam and other unwanted data. Each type of threat is processed by a separate application component. This structure of the protection system allows a flexible configuration of the application, depending on the needs of any specific, or of an enterprise as a whole.
Kaspersky Internet Security Special Ferrari Edition comprises the following protection tools:
Virus scan tasks used to scan individual files, folders, drives, areas or the entire computer for viruses.
Update ensuring the up-to-date status of the internal application modules, and the databases used to scan for malicious programs, and to detect network attacks and spam messages.
Wizards and tools facilitating the execution of tasks occurring during the operation of Kaspersky Internet Security Special Ferrari Edition.
Support features that provide information support for working with the program and expanding its capabilities.
- Protection components providing protection of:
- files and personal data;
- network activity.
Top of page
2. What’s new in Kaspersky Internet Security Special Ferrari Edition?
Kaspersky Internet Security Special Ferrari Edition is a comprehensive data protection tool. The application provides protection against viruses and malware, unknown threats and Internet fraud. The multifaceted protection covers all channels of data transfer and exchange. Flexible configuration of each protection component allows adapting Kaspersky Internet Security Special Ferrari Edition to the needs of any individual user.
New in portection:
- Installation on an infected computer. Sometimes a computer can be infected to such a degree that installing an antivirus solution is impossible, e.g. infection by some types of rootkits. In such cases, Kaspersky Internet Security 2011 offers the user the option of downloading a dedicated utility that automatically scans the computer and neutralizes any threats.
- Removal of incompatible applications during installation. For Kaspersky Internet Security Special Ferrari Edition to run properly there should be no antivirus products and third-party firewalls installed . If these products are installed, there is no need to remove them manually because Kaspersky Internet Security Special Ferrari Edition lists all incompatible products and asks for the user’s permission to remove them.
- Product migration made easy. The range of functions available in the Special Ferrari Edition version of the product is dependent upon on the type of license. To increase the number of product features, all the user has to do is to change their license, with no reinstallation required.
- New module Block dangerous websites. Block dangerous websites is designed to provide protection on the Internet by only allowing access to trusted resources. When this mode is used, IP addresses are assigned a trusted, suspicious or prohibited status depending on their rating. A trusted IP address, for example, is one that has a high hit rate and no malicious code.
- New modules of Web Anti-Virus. The Geo Filter feature provides the user with an option to block domains related to specific countries. The Online Banking module allows controlling requests to resources while working with Online Banking services.
- Proactive protection against phishing sites. The number of phishing sites is increasing rapidly. To ensure more effective protection against phishing, Kaspersky Internet Security Special Ferrari Edition proactively detects suspicious phishing sites and analyses information about each one (e.g. are there any tell-tale signs in the URL that are indicative of it being a phishing site). If such signs are detected, the site is flagged as a phishing site and access to it is blocked, even if it is not in a database of known phishing sites.
- Scanning of data transferred via FTP. As well as data sent via HTTP, Kaspersky Internet Security Special Ferrari Edition scans data transferred via FTP.
- Kaspersky gadget. Kaspersky Internet Security Special Ferrari Edition incorporates the brand new Windows gadget feature. Kaspersky Gadget is an element of the interface located on the Windows Desktop that offers quick access to the product’s main features (available only on computers running under Windows Vista and Windows 7): computer protection status, files scan, access to the report about application's work.
- Improved compatibility with netbooks. Kaspersky Internet Security Special Ferrari Edition is fully compatible with netbooks and supports the main screen resolutions used in netbooks (1024x600 and 1366x768). Kaspersky Internet Security Special Ferrari Edition has minimal impact on system performance.
- Significantly improved Parental Control. The Parental Control module is designed to restrict the use of the computer and the Internet by children. Using new Parental Control you can configure the following:
- restrict the amount of time that a computer is used;
- block or allow access to specific programs on the computer;
- block or allow access to specific websites; control a child‘s email, Instant Messaging (ICQ, MSN) and social networking activities;
- control the launch of games on the computer;
- control the downloading of files;
- control the transfer of personal data.
- The newly-implemented System Watcher technology in Kaspersky Internet Security Special Ferrari Edition monitors all system events in full and provides additional information to other Kaspersky Internet Security Special Ferrari Edition components.
- Removing the effects of malware. Kaspersky Internet Security Special Ferrari Edition allows the user to cancel all the actions which the suspect program managed to perform on the system in case if the program is recognized as malicious.
- Kaspersky Internet Security Special Ferrari Edition includes Safe Run for Applications. It allows all applications and websites to be launched automatically in Safe Run, as well as enabling the user to quickly and easily transfer any necessary files between the secure environment and the normal system.
- New mode Safe Run for Browsers. Safe Run for Browsers is designed for launching websites that require the user to enter their personal data (e.g. online banking resources). The mode can be used to create a secure channel for transactions that is protected from all external threats.
- Improved setting a program’s security rating internally. If the reputation services have no information about a program, various components of Kaspersky Internet Security Special Ferrari Edition calculate the approximate level of threat it poses. The user can modify the rating that is assigned and decide the level of rights that the program is granted by the system.
- Improved Rootkit detection. Kaspersky Internet Security Special Ferrari Edition includes anti-rootkit technology that employs low-level data reception methods which are immune to rootkit attacks.
- Using the product installation disk as a rescue disk. One of Kaspersky Internet Security Special Ferrari Edition brand new features is its ability to use the product installation disk as a rescue disk (if purchased at a retail outlet).
- Copying a rescue disk to a USB flash drive. In Kaspersky Internet Security Special Ferrari Edition a rescue disk can be copied not only to a CD/DVD, but also to a USB flash drive. The user can choose whichever is the most convenient for them.
- Recording a rescue disk to a medium become easy. A user does not need to perform any additional actions.
- Launch of resource-intensive tasks during periods of user-inactivity. Kaspersky Internet Security Special Ferrari Edition includes a new option Idle Scan, any resource-intensive tasks such as scanning of the system for malware or updating antivirus databases are launched by default at times when the computer is switched on but there is no user-activity.
Top of page
3. New in the application interface:
- Interface of Kaspersky Internet Security Special Ferrari Edition is designed for Ferrari fans:
- Changes in the main application window:
- Kaspersky Gadget interface changes (available for users of Windows Vista and Windows 7):
- Setup Wizard design changes:
Top of page
4. Main known issues:
The following issues may be encountered when working in Safe Run
Information about traffic volume displayed in the Firewall settings, is not updated in real-time mode. To update the information, the window should be closed and then opened again.When cancelling the application uninstallation procedure that was already started, the application may need recovery or reinstallation.Changing the value of the "Maximum storage size" or lifting restrictions imposed on the maximum size of a storage require the application to be restarted.When sending an event notification by email, two identical messages may be received in some cases. The virtual keyboard does not support the Sogou Chinese language. While dragging the virtual keyboard, its contents are not displayed.When using the Kaspersky Gadget, Safe Run for Applications cannot be managed, and news received by News Agent cannot be viewed.When training Anti-Spam, Microsoft Outlook 2010 x64 are not accessible, and addresses cannot be imported from the address book.Anti-Spam databases from earlier versions of Kaspersky Internet Security are not supported.Kaspersky Internet Security Gadget may disappear from the list of gadgets after the application is reinstalled on the computer.When the online banking control is enabled, some notifications of Web Anti-Virus may remain not displayed if the banking resource is accessed via Opera 10.61.In Windows 7, the Photo Viewer application added to the list of applications that should be started automatically in Safe Run, is started in the standard environment.The report does not contain any information about threats detected by System Watcher using patterns of dangerous activity and about the rollback of actions performed by a malicious program.Some keys on the virtual keyboard may remain pressed.An error occurs when attempting to activate the virtual keyboard if switching between user accounts has been performed using the Switch User option.The list of objects in Quarantine cannot be cleared when attempting to access the list from the context menu for a compressed group of objects.
Changing properties of folders is not supported.
Switching from banking websites to any other ones cannot be controlled.
Some applications cannot be installed.
After a crash in Safe Run, Microsoft Windows Explorer is restarted in the standard environment.
If the user works with two monitors, a significant consumption of system resources may occur when starting applications.
Top of page
5. Delivery set
Delivery set of Kaspersky Internet Security Special Ferrari Edition includes the following:
- Box version:
- Installation CD of Kaspersky Internet Security Special Ferrari Edition + computer game Ferrari Virtual Academy (on one CD)
- User's guide (activation code is specified on the first page of the user's guide).
- Version purchased via E-Store:
- URL to download Kaspersky Internet Security Special Ferrari Edition
- Activation code for Kaspersky Internet Security Special Ferrari Edition
- Installation and activation guide for Kaspersky Internet Security Special Ferrari Edition
- URL to download distributive of Ferrari Virtual Academy
- Activation code for Ferrari Virtual Academy
- Installation and activation guide for Ferrari Virtual Academy.
If you purchase the product via E-Store, you will also receive a purchase confirmation email (URLs to download product, activation codes and etc.) on the email address specified during initial purchase.
How to purchase activation code for Kaspersky Internet Security Special Ferrari Edition?
Top of page
6. In order to install Kaspersky Internet Security Special Ferrari Edition, perform the following actions:
- Purchase a license for Kaspersky Internet Security Special Ferrari Edition.
- Uninstall Kaspersky Internet Security 2011.
- Then perform the following actions:
Follow instructions of the Setup Wizard.Restart your computer.Activate Kaspersky Internet Security Special Ferrari Edition.
- If you have purchased a box version of the application, installation of Kaspersky Internet Security Special Ferrari Edition will be started automatically once you insert the disk into the CD-ROM. If the installation has not started, start it manually. In order to do this, open the inserted disk and double-click the executable file (with the .exe extension). Kaspersky Internet Security Special Ferrari Edition Setup Wizard appears.
- If you have purchased the application via E-Store, then click on the link, specified in the confirmation email you received after initial purchase, to download the product. Then perform the following actions:
- Download the distributive of Kaspersky Internet Security Special Ferrari Edition.
- Run the downloaded file.
If you use Kaspersky Internet Security 2011, you can migrate to Kaspersky Internet Security Special Ferrari Edition.
Top of page