Applies to Kaspersky Small Office Security 2 for Personal Computer
Malicious programs spread via email are most frequently sent as attachments. Attachments may be by different masks. By renaming or deleting certain attachment types Kaspersky Small Office Security 2 for Personal Computer can protect your computer, for example, against potential hazards, such as automatically opening attachments when a message is received. In order to avoid such penetrations you can configure filtration for e-mail attachments.
If you access the Internet directly without a proxy server or a firewall, you are advised not to disable scanning of attached archives.
In the Mail Anti-Virus settings you can select the following variants of filtering:
- Disable filtering. In this case attachment filtering will not be used.
- Rename selected attachment types. In this case files of specific formats will be renamed — last symbol will be changed to the "_" symbol.
- Delete selected attachments. In this case files of specified formats will be deleted from attachments.
You can select mask types from the list provided by Kaspersky Lab specialists, or you can add required masks manually. In order to add masks click the Add link in the Attachment filter tab.
In order to configure the attachment filtering, perform the following actions:
- open the main application window
- on the left hand part of the main application window, select Protection Center
- on the upper right hand corner of the main application window, click on the Settings link
- on the left hand part of the Settings window, select the Mail Anti-Virus component
- make sure that the Mail Anti-Virus component is enabled (the Enable Mail Anti-Virus box is checked)
- on the right hand part of the Settings window in the Security level section, click on the Settings button
- on the Attachment filter tab, select the mode:
- Disable filtering
- Rename selected attachment types
- Delete selected attachments
If you select the Rename or Delete mode, select the required attachments from the list or add a new mask type. In order to add a new mask type click the Add link. In the Input file name mask window enter a mask and click the OK button.
- click on the OK button in the Mail Anti-Virus window
- click on the OK button in the Settings window
- close the main application window.