Whenever you use the Internet, the information stored on your computer becomes subject to the risk of infection from dangerous scripts located on websites.
Script is a special program or script file which performs specific instructions according to "scenario". Scripts are used to provide normal page display. Malicious scripts are used to load a special program (exploit) which uses system vulnerabilities to access personal data.
The Web Anti-Virus component in Kaspersky Internet Security 2012 is designed to ensure security while using the Internet. It protects your computer against data coming in via the HTTP and HTTPS protocols. The component also scans FTP traffic. For example, if you browse a web page which contain a link to an infected FTP resource, then this resource will be blocked.
Each open website or file is intercepted by Web Anti-Virus and analysed for malicious codes. Kaspersky Internet Security 2012 analyses files using its anti-virus databases and the heuristic analysis technology. If a web page or an object you apply to is infected, then access to this web page or file will be blocked. If the web page or the object is not infected, you will be able to work with it.
The Web Anti-Virus component in Kaspersky Internet Security 2012 includes the following modules:
- Safe Surf. The module includes the Kaspersky URL Advisor module and the Blocking Dangerous Websites module. The modules block opening of dangerous websites that provides safe Internet surfing.
- Geo Filter. To help avoid websites from the most infected regional domains, the module can filter out any region of your choice.
- Trusted URLs. You can create a list of trusted web addresses which will not be scanned by Web Anti-Virus.
- Online Banking. The module controls requests to Online Banking services and suggests switching to Safe Run for Websites that provides additional protection of your confidential data.
Additionally, Kaspersky Internet Security 2012 includes a new technology proactive detection of phishing resources. When you access a web site, this web site is analyzed for typical of harmful actions. As a result, the resource is detected as a malicious one and will be blocked, even if the data about the resource is not included to the database.
How to enable / disable Web Anti-Virus
By default, the Web Anti-Virus component is enabled and work in the mode developed by Kaspersky Lab pecialists. You can disable the component if you need. In order to do this, perform the following actions:
- Open the main application window.
- On the upper right hand part of the windows, click Settings.
- On the upper left hand part of the Settings window, select Protection Center.
- On the left hand part of the Settings window, select Web Anti-Virus.
- On the right hand part of the window, check/clear the Enable Web Anti-Virus box.
- Click on the OK button to save changes.
- Close the main application window.