The Browser Configuration Wizard from Kaspersky Internet Security 2012 analyzes Microsoft Internet Explorer settings from the perspective of security, since some settings selected by the user or set by default may cause security problems.
How to start Browser Configuration Wizard
In order to start the the Browser Configuration Wizard
, perform the following actions:
- open the main application window
- in the left part of the main application window, go to the Tools tab
- in the right part of the main application window, click the Browser Configuration button
- in the welcome window of the Browser Configuration Wizard, only one option Perform diagnistics for Microsoft Internet Explorer is available. To start the search process, click the Next button
When you start the Wizard for the next time, you will be able to select two options:
- Perform diagnistics for Microsoft Internet Explorer
- Roll back changes. You can roll back changes if after the Wizard's work some Internet problems appear
- wait until the system is being checked
- in the Problems search completed window, check the boxes for problems to be fixed. Click the Next button
- in the Configuring completed window, click the Finish button
- close the main application window.
What should I do if after the Wizard's work some Internet problems appear?
If the Wizard's
work cause some Internet problems, you can roll back the changes which were made by the Wizard
. In order to do so, perform the following actions:
- start the Browser Configuration Wizard
- in the welcome window, select the Roll back changes option and then click the Next button
- in the Changes search completed window, select the changes for rollback
- wait until the rollback process is completed
- in the Changes rollback completed window, click the Finish button
- make sure that Internet problems are eliminated.
If after you have rolled back the changes the problems are not eliminated, then visit our forum or create a request to Kaspersky Lab Technical Support via the My Kaspersky Account service.