When using Kaspersky Internet Security 2012 on a computer running under Microsoft Windows Vista or Microsoft Windows 7, you can also use the Kaspersky Gadget.
Kaspersky Gadget is designed for quick access to the main features of the application: protection status indication, virus scan of objects, application operation reports, etc.
After you install Kaspersky Internet Security 2012 on a computer running under Microsoft Windows 7, the gadget appears on your desktop automatically.
After you install the application on a computer running under Microsoft Windows Vista, you should add the gadget to Microsoft Windows Sidebar manually. You can find detailed instruction on how to add the gadget to Sidebar on Microsoft official web site.
Kaspersky Gadget color indicator displays your computer protection status in the same manner as the protection status indicator in the main application window does:
- green indicates that your computer is duly protected
- yellow indicates that there are protection problems
- red indicates that your computer' security is at serious risk
- grey color indicates that the application is stopped.
You can use the gadget to perform the following main tasks:
- run the application if it has been stopped
- open the main application window
- scan specified objects for viruses
- open the news window.
Work with Kaspersky Gadget:
- To run the application using the gadget, click the Enable icon located in the center of the gadget.
- To open the main application window using the gadget, click the Display icon located in the center of the gadget.
- To scan an object for viruses using the gadget, drag the object to scan onto the gadget. Task run progress will be displayed in the Task Manager window that opens.
- To open the news window using the gadget, click the icon which will displayed in the center of the gadget when a piece of news is released.
You can find detailed instructions on how to configure the gadget in KB6432.