New viruses, Trojans, and malicious software emerge daily, so it is important to update the application regularly to keep your personal data constantly protected. Information about threats and methods of their neutralization is stored in the databases of Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2012. Therefore their timely updating is an essential part in the maintenance of reliable protection. It is also recommended to perform Full Scan of your computer at least once a week.
Application downloads and installs the following updates on your computer:
- Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2012 databases. The protection of information is based on databases which contain signatures of threats and network attacks, and the methods used to fight them. Protection components use these databases to search for and disinfect dangerous objects on your computer. The databases are added to every hour with records of new threats. Therefore, you are advised to update them on a regular basis. In addition to the Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2012 databases, the network drivers that enable the application's components to intercept network traffic are also updated.
- Application modules. In addition to the databases of Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2012 you can also update the program modules. The update packages fix the application's vulnerabilities and add new or improve the existing functionality.
To successfully download updates from Kaspersky Lab's update servers, your computer must be connected to the Internet. By default, the internet connection settings are determined automatically. However, if you connect to the Internet via a proxy server, you are rcommended to configure the proxy server settings.
Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2012 includes the option of downloading updates only for components which are enabled. It allows to decrease downloading files size and time required to update the application. If you enable any component, update of the required databases will immediately started. Therefore, protection of your computer is always up-to-date.
By default, Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2012 downloads updates automatically. You can also configure the update process manually or according to the schedule.
You can run databases update process from the application context menu. In order to do this, perform the following actions:
- On the bottom right hand part of the screen, right-click the Kaspersky icon.
- Select Update from the open context menu. The Update window will open.
- Wait until the process is complete.
In order to update the Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2012 databases from the main application window, perform the following actions:
- Open the main application window.
- On the bottom part of the main application window, select Update.
- On the open window, click on the Run Update button.
- Wait until the update process is completed.
If the databases update finished with an error "Databases are corrupted", perform the actions described in article KB6127.