In the main application window of Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2012 you can find the Reports button. All actions performed by the application or its components are registered in the report.
If you click on the Reports button, the Reports window will open. In the window you can:
- create detailed reports for each application component or its action and configure the report display in convenient way
- filter data and search for required date
- save the report to a text file
- delete reports and not required data and configure reports creating and saving.
How to open the Reports window
In order to open the Reports window, perform the following actions:
Open the main application window
- On the upper right hand part of the window, click on the Reports button.
- On the Kaspersky Gadget, click on the button with the list icon (the gadget is available only on computers working under Windows Vista and Windows 7)
In the Reports window, you can view a brief report of performed actions. The window is devided into three sections:
Malicious objects. The section contains info about detected threats and suspicious objects during the specified period.
Applications. The section contains info about applications and their vulnerabilites.
In order to get the report on the specified period, select the required period in the upper part of the window. You can select one of the following: day, week, month, year, entire period.
By clicking on the arrow buttons you can switch between reports for the selected period.
From the Reports window, you can also configure notifications to inform you about report creating.
In order to configure the notification, perform the following actions:
- Click on the button with the bell icon in the bottom of the Reports window.
- In the Notifications window, specify the required schedule and click on the OK button.
If you wish to get a detailed report on Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2012 work, click on the Detailed report button.
Detailed report structure
In the Detailed report window you can get the report on the following application components and actions:
Protection Center (report containing info about all the application components work)
In the right hand part of the window, you can view data about events which were performed durin the application work:
Detected — a detected threat type (available for Detected threats).
Status — a detected threat status (available for Detected threats).
Object — an object name or full path to the object. An object can be a file of your operating system or a Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2012 component.
Application — an application name (available for Protection Center, Application Control, Firewall, Anti-Banner).
Event — a suspicious application action which was detected by Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2012 (available for all sections except Detected threats).
Time — time when the action was detected.
If you select an event, you will see detailed description of the event in the bottom part of the window.
You can perform search of the required event using the Search line or from a special window.
In order to find the required event using the Search line, enter key word in the search line located in the upper right hand part of the Detailed report window.
In order to find the required event via the search window, perform the following actions:
- On the right hand part of the Detailed report window, right-click on the title of the required column.
- Select Search... from the open context menu.
- Specify search parameters:
- In the String line enter key words to search (fro example, Kaspersky).
- In Column line, from the drop-down menu select the required column to search in (for example, Reason).
- If it is required, check the boxes for additional search parameters:
- Match case
- Match whole word only
- Clik on the Find next button.
How to save the report
You can save the created report to a text file. In order to do this, perform the following actions:
- Create the required report for an application component or action.
- Click on the Save... button in bottom part of the window.
- On the Save As window, open the folder to save the file in and specify the file name.
- Click on the Save button.
Also for reports in Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2012 you can enable log of non-critical events, specify reports storaging time period and maximum reports storage file size. You can find detailed instructions on how to do these in KB6802.