All actions performed by the components of Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2012 are registered in the reports.
You can adjust the reports' options in the following ways:
- Create detailed reports for each application component or its action and configure the report display
- Filter data and search for required date
- Save the report to a text file
- Delete reports and configure reports creating and saving
How to open the Reports window
- Open the main application window.
- In the upper right part of the window, click Reports.
- On the Kaspersky Gadget, click on the button with the list icon (the gadget is available only on computers working under Windows Vista and Windows 7)
In the Reports window, you can view a brief report of performed actions. The window is divided into three sections:
- Malicious objects. The section contains the information about threats and suspicious objects detected during the specified period.
- Applications. The section contains the information about vulnerabilities detected in applications.
To view the report for a certain period, select the period in the upper part of the window. You can select one of the following options: day, week, month, year, entire period.
By clicking the arrow buttons, you can switch between reports for the selected period.
From the Reports window, you can also configure notifications:
- Click on the button with the bell icon in the lower part of the Reports window.
- In the Notifications window, specify the schedule and click OK.
If you wish to get a detailed report on Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2012 work, click Detailed report.
Detailed report structure
In the Detailed report window, you can get the report on the following application components and tasks:
- Detected threats
- Protection Center (information on the activity of all application components)
In the right frame, you can view data on various events registered during the work of the application:
- Detected — a detected threat type (available for Detected threats).
- Status — a detected threat status (available for Detected threats).
- Object — an object name or full path to the object. An object can be a file of your operating system or a Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2012 component.
- Application — an application name (available for Protection Center, Application Control, Firewall, Anti-Banner).
- Event — a suspicious application action which was detected by Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2012 (available for all sections except Detected threats).
- Time — time when the action was detected.
If you select an event, you will see detailed description of the event in the bottom part of the window.
How to search for events
You can perform search of the required event using the Search box or from a special window.
To find the required event using the Search box, enter a key word into the search line located in the upper right part of the Detailed report window.
To find the required event via the search window, perform the following actions:
- In the right part of the Detailed report window, right-click the title of the column.
- Select Search from the context menu.
- Specify search parameters:
- In the String line, enter key words for the search (for example, Kaspersky).
- In the Column line, select the column in which you would like to search (for example, Reason).
- If necessary, select the check boxes for additional search parameters:
- Match case
- Match whole word only
- Click Find next.
How to save the report
You can save the created report to a text file:
- Create the report for an application component or action.
- Click Save in the lower part of the window.
- In the Save As window, open the folder to which the file will be saved and specify the file name.
- Click Save.
In the Reports section of Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2012, you can also enable logging of non-critical events, specify reports storaging time period and maximum reports storage file size. For detailed information on how to perform these actions, see this article.