Applies to Kaspersky Small Office Security 2 for Personal Computer
The IM Anti-Virus component in Kaspersky Small Office Security 2 for Personal Computer is designed to ensure safe operation of IM clients. It protects the information that comes to your computer via IM protocols. The product ensures safe operation of various applications for instant messaging, including ICQ, MSN, AIM, Yahoo! Messenger, Jabber, Google Talk, and others.
Your IM traffic protection level is determined by a group of settings. One of the groups is selecting the scan method.
Scan methods consist in scanning the URLs in IM clients' messages to know if they are included in the list of suspicious web addresses and/or in the list of phishing web addresses. In order to configure the scan methods in the application there are the following settings:
- Check if URLs are listed in the base of suspicious web addresses. IM Anti-Virus will scan the links inside the messages to identify if they are included in the black list.
- Check if URLs are listed in the base of phishing web addresses. Kaspersky Small Office Security 2 for Personal Computer databases include all the sites currently known to be used for phishing attacks. Kaspersky Lab supplements this list with addresses obtained from the Anti-Phishing Working Group, which is an international organization. Your local copy of this list is updated when you update the Kaspersky Small Office Security 2 for Personal Computer databases.
Upon threats detection in a message, IM Anti-Virus
substitutes the message with a warning for the user.
In order to configure the above listed settings, perform the following actions:
- Open the main application window.
- At the upper right hand corner of the window, click Settings.
- At the upper part of the Settings window, select Protection.
- At the left hand part of the Settings window, select IM Anti-Virus.
- At the right hand part of the window in the Scan methods section, check the Check if URLs are listed in the base of suspicious web addresses box. Also check the Check if URLs are listed in the base of phishing web addresses box
- In the Settings window, click OK.
- Close the main application window.