Applies to Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2012
The URL scanning module, which is called Kaspersky URL Advisor, is managed by the Web Anti-Virus component from Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2012. This module checks if links located on the web page belong to the list of suspicious and phishing web addresses.
You can specify the list of URLs to be scanned. For more detailed configuration of the module, select one of the options:
- All but the exclusions — all web pages will be scanned except web pages which are added to the list of exlusions
- Only websites from the list — the module will scan only web pages which are added to the list
How to create a list of checked web addresses
In order to enable the URL scanning module, perform the following actions:
- open the main application window
- on the right upper corner of the main application window, click Settings
- on the upper part of the Settings window, select Protection Center
- on the left part of the Settings window, select Web Anti-Virus
- on the right part of the Settings window in the Security level section, click on the Settings button
- on the Web Anti-Virus window go to the Safe Surf tab
- on the Web Anti-Virus window in the Kaspersky URL Advisor section, make sure that the Check URLs box is checked
8. In the Check websites section, perform one of the following:
- If you select All but the exclusions, you can create a list of trusted web addresses, the content of which should not be scanned. In order to create the list, perform the following:
- click the Exclusions button following after the All but the exclusions option
- in the Exclusions window, click the Add link
- in the Address mask (URL) window, enter the required web address
- click the OK button
- create the list of trusted web addresses following the above mentioned instructions and then click the OK button in the Exclusions window.
- If you select the Only websites from the list option, you can create a list of web addresses, the content of which should be scanned by the module:
- click the Specify button following after the On specified web pages only option
- in the Checked URLs window, click the Add link
- in the Address mask (URL) window, enter a web address
- click the OK button
- create the list of checked web addresses following the above mentioned instructions and then click the OK button in the Checked URLs window.
9. in the Web Anti-Virus window, click the OK button
10. click the OK button in the Settings window
11. close the main application window.
You can also select type of URLs and websites which will be checked by Kaspersky URL Advisor. You can find detailed instructions on how to do this in KB6548.