When entering confidential data (such as a user name and password at an online store) with a normal keyboard, there is always a risk of this data being intercepted by spyware. Such programs record keystrokes and in this way read information that is entered with a normal keyboard. This information is then sent to the intruder through the Internet.
Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2012 includes a tool called Virtual Keyboard, which enables you to avoid such interception of confidential data.
Virtual Keyboard cannot protect your personal data if the website requiring the entry of such data has been hacked, because in this case the information is obtained directly by the intruders.
Virtual Keyboard can be used in any office application for entering text, and in any Internet resource for entering confidential information (for example, user name, password, digital wallet number).
Virtual Keyboard only prevents the interception of personal data when working with Microsoft Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox.
You can open Virtual Keyboard in Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2012 in the following ways:
- From the main application window.
- From the application icon's context menu.
- From the web browsers Microsoft Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, and Mozilla Firefox.
- Through Kaspersky Gadget.
How to open Virtual Keyboard from the main application window
To open Virtual Keyboard from the main application window:
- Open the main application window.
- In the main application window, expand the list of components by clicking the upward-pointing arrow button.
- Click the Virtual Keyboard button.
How to open Virtual Keyboard from the application icon's context menu
To open Virtual Keyboard from the application icon's context menu:
- In the lower-right corner of the screen, right-click the application icon.
- In the context menu, select Tools -> Virtual Keyboard.
How to open Virtual Keyboard from a web browser window
To open Virtual Keyboard from a web browser window (Microsoft Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, and Mozilla Firefox only), in the web browser's toolbar click the button displaying a keyboard key with the letter K.
How to open Virtual Keyboard through Kaspersky Gadget?
To open Virtual Keyboard through Kaspersky Gadget, click the Virtual Keyboard button located on the gadget.
Please note: this function is available if one of the gadget's buttons has been set to Virtual Keyboard.
Entering information using Virtual Keyboard
To enter information using Virtual Keyboard:
Enter the required information by clicking Virtual Keyboard's buttons.
- Ensure that the information is entered in the required field.
- Close Virtual Keyboard.
When clicking function keys (Shift, Alt, Ctrl) Virtual Keyboard applies a special entry mode (for example, when clicking Shift all characters are entered capitalized). To cancel the special mode, click the function key again.
How to toggle the language of Virtual Keyboard
To toggle the language of Virtual Keyboard:
- On the real keyboard click the Ctrl key and on Virtual Keyboard right-click the Shift key
- On the real keyboard click the Shift key and on the virtual keyboard, right-click the Alt key.
You can also toggle the language of Virtual Keyboard by using a key combination on the real keyboard (Ctrl + Shift or Shift + Alt, depending on your settings).
How to use key combinations on Virtual Keyboard?
To use key combinations on Virtual Keyboard: